Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Aldon the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14100
14100, (DEL) Aldon the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jan 10 00:53:57 2003

11 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Aldon perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:194
PK Ratio:54% (closer to 100% is better)

14101, Yah well what can you do
Posted by Aldon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't really enjoy this character.

For one, I didn't like the Sylvan cabal. My first character was a Sylvan cloud ranger. Wall of thorns on empire on the way to the past was fun. Pouring water on fires is not fun. The last thing I want to do when I mud is run around spamming fill jug;e;empty jug;w;fill jug. Maybe some people get off on it, but it's not my thing.

I never got to fight anyone alone, either. If we got raided, it was by 3 scions, 2 tribunals, and a random opportunist. If I did get to fight someone alone I had to convince the person to fight in the woods, use haste, aura, stone skin, and shield, and then hope I got lucky and won.

Fighting out of the woods even with full ranger preps was pointless, and fighting in the woods with preps was a crapshoot. I would love to play another ranger, on the stipulation that I didn't have to fight anyone.

Anyway, enough bitching.

--------------------------

Sylvan:

Gwimdorf, you were cool, I'm glad you came back.
Saladrien, never spoke to you.
Alsyrith, you're interesting to say the least.

Sassmi, I had fun talking with you but I'm not sure if we ever got to fight together.

Prendac, I never spoke to you.

Nunchyk, you were good company, but you made a lot of mistakes in pk.

Cardiel, you have a lot to learn, but I think you can do it.

Griimbling, you rock.

All the new inductees, good luck, I'm sure you're a great crowd.

Scion:

Aginal, you're amazing yet depressing. Fully prepped with an ambush in the woods, I got you to disgusting wounds with two herbs to help me along the way. You were my favorite foe though, because you talked to me. Immolation is a ranger-killer.

Anith, you never scared me, but you sure did annoy the hell out of me. Air forms tend to be that way.

Trajeona, sorry for my answer to your question, "Who do you see as chancellor?" but we had been discussing things in Sylvan and I had to give the answer I gave.

Battle:

Kulmortuk, so it's official...polearms are good, maces are bad. Thanks for giving me a little fight there, I was really bored.

Maran:

I didn't like you, even though you helped Sylvan a lot. In character I thought you were only a small step above scions.

Tarnyxil: I enjoyed your character, and all our interactions. I couldn't believe you kept coming back for double-bearcharge goodness. Your fiend did get me once, though.

I can't think of anything else, if I forgot something, let me know.

14106, RE: Yah well what can you do
Posted by Aginal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a rager killer too...ask any rager that has fought me. Hope our last fight was not a deciding factor in this. Never fight an invoker in the mountains... Anyways, was good talking to you, and don't feel bad, not many can satnd alone against a good invoker.
14107, RE: Yah well what can you do
Posted by Aldon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I specifically told my group not to attack you when they saw you. If you had earth shield up, I fully intended on leading us away very fast. But my group didn't listen.
14105, RE: Yah well what can you do
Posted by Tarnyxil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He, I remeber that time at the volcano ... I was like .. Two rangers, hmm, apart from the initial ambushes.. I can flee, perhaps flee in another snare, get ambushed again, but then I'm putting them asleep.. Nunchyk was a cloud, too no ? Anyways, I was enough protected to survive 4 ambushes .. and I counted on my wimpy too if I got bearcharged.. Rrrrrright, like what .. 20-30 rounds bearcharged and all ? No ambush and no wimpy :).. AAARGH.. I keep on learning though.. Afterwards we got along pretty well, I'd say ..

See you around,
Tarnyxil
14104, No!! Bad Aldon-berk!!
Posted by Griimbling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aside from Arvam, Griimbling looked up to you like a father....
And was hoping to expand that role a bit, but oh well....
I enjoyed being around you talking when we were waiting for Aginal...
I can understand your frustration with rangers...
I can relate in sense, as this being my second cloud druid...
My one bane of all existance is damned Buffet...

Griimbling!!!

14103, You were the fastest runner...
Posted by Anith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Giving chase to you, was like trying to catch up to Ben Johnson looking for his crack fix. You showed up to fight, and defend, which was impressive. Our tactics were always, faerie fire Aldon, then chase him down....Most of the time you escaped as I got too damn tired.

I agree with your analogy or rangers, I feel they are too damn limited to their fights....but anyhow, you seemed to do good, I just didnt have much to worry about when fighting rangers or warriors.

14102, Sorry to see you go.
Posted by melkorath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was just entering your hero range and wanted to start traveling around with you beating up gangers, I know how you feel and it all seems to be heading down that path. These days no one will even bother fighting you unless your nakid or half dead.

Best of luck with your next.