Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Zacerzan Ilyamen the Grand Master of Changel
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=14087
14087, (DEL) Zacerzan Ilyamen the Grand Master of Changel
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 9 23:55:17 2003

2 o''clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Zacerzan perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:195
PK Ratio:47% (closer to 100% is better)

14088, What can I say, should have been done a long time ago.
Posted by ATK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My second shapeshifter, I think I am done with the class. It is boring. My forms was quite good, the falcon and the orangutan, if I wanted to survive I could survive. But I had sphere death, and the character embraced death as a chance to gain clarity and focus.

Well, mace ragers is the worst ones you can fight as a air shifter, boneshatter ##### you up so bad it isnt even funny. If they have whirl or impale in addition it is overkill.

I did not like the peace with the warders, I think the warlocks is on a path toward that leads in the wrong direction. But I didnt care to do anything with it because the fun of this character was waning by then and I knew I would delete soon. So if the leaders wanted it that way, they could as well have it that way.

A few warlocks stand out when I looks back, Talfos, Delmuio, Caysh, Lloradonis and Tasfiel. What can I say, good friends. Caysh, Tasfiel. You two are solid leaders, but I think you should swap places. Caysh is more suited to the magister position, and Tasfiel to the Preceptor.

I had a lot of enemies, but Drahk is the one I remember the best. You humored me with your roleplay. Hat! The time you spoke to me and asked me to attack you because you were being swarmed by applicants*laugh*. I think you killed me once or so.

I hated you, Anith. Not because you were deadly or anything. It was just annoying to see you in the skies. We could not kill eachother, just hurt so we had to rest instead of fight.

ATK
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
14091, RE: What can I say, should have been done a long time ago.
Posted by Savraeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry you didn't have as much fun with the character, but not all classes and styles of play are for all people - I'm being reminded of that with my latest character :P Anyway, hope everything else was fun, and good luck in the future. I wish I could say I remembered specific good things about you, but unfortunately I'm often so busy I don't always have time to really notice everyone like I would prefer.

>I did not like the peace with the warders, I think the
>warlocks is on a path toward that leads in the wrong
>direction. But I didnt care to do anything with it because
>the fun of this character was waning by then and I knew I
>would delete soon. So if the leaders wanted it that way,
>they could as well have it that way.

Well, I don't like the peace, but I've never made that a secret. But I can't force people into a war neither side wants to fight.

14097, It goes a bit beyond that
Posted by Evil warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Warlocks seem to be losing their focus on evil magic, and just going after evil more these days. I find it a bit saddening that they'd rather hunt a non-hostile warrior than someone from an enemy cabal or a mage. It isn't a problem, but it is disappointing if you remember the old days and have your rose tinted spectacles on at the time.
14098, RE: It goes a bit beyond that
Posted by Tasfiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate to say it, but wether you're in the cabal or not would change your perception quite a bit. We do concentrate on the Scions more than anything else, we haven't raided Ragers in months (not to mention there are thousands of them). Between Sylvan and Maran, we don't usually get a chance at the Scepter. If you have had people who attacked you, talk to one of the leaders, and if it was one of the leaders, you're either a Villager, a Scion, or a evil warrior who has been seen to be with Scions/Village. I've been up for an hour, so this probably isn't very "coherent".
14099, I base this on talking with warlocks
Posted by evil warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am not a scion, villager, or otherwise an enemy of the warlocks. I have not been attacked by any warlocks apart from one shifter. I don't have a problem with the attacks at all. I am not worried about getting killed. But I am noticing a change in the warlock outlook. I spoke with a number of warlocks to try to establish whether they were going to actively hunt me or not.

Most claimed that they were free to hunt me. I asked if this distracted from the goals of the Tower. I was told that they could do it if there were no evil magi to hunt. I pointed out that there was more to being a warlock than hunting evil magi, and that their other work besides hunting magi could never be finished, therefore implying that hunting non-aggressive warriors was distracting them from this work.

Past evil warriors I have played have been left alone by warlocks unless they meddled in warlock business. I am quite confident that most of the current crop would attack me if they came into an area, spotted me there, and thought they could win. Perhaps this isn't a problem. But I am also fairly confident that they would make a trip to an area specifically to attack, picking this over the warlock goals.

I have played a few warlocks so I do know how the cabal used to work. It looks to me as if it is losing focus on what their tenets used to be. Furtherance of magic and knowledge, and the destruction of evil magi, to paraphrase. Hunting evil warriors just because they are evil and for no other reason is putting something that isn't a goal of the tower above the Furtherance of Magic.
14096, RE: What can I say, should have been done a long time ago.
Posted by ATK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
to quote myself "warlocks is on a path toward that leads in the wrong
direction". (Bad english? Hm. I have played all night, and my mind was well on its way into a void).

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will return some day and start the war again.

I have one question, was it you that gave me my lastname?

ATK
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
14092, RE: What can I say, should have been done a long time ago.
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Well, I don't like the peace, but I've never made that a
>secret. But I can't force people into a war neither side
>wants to fight.

So uh, what reason do warlocks have for fighting sylvans?
14093, RE: What can I say, should have been done a long time ago.
Posted by Karithia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>So uh, what reason do warlocks have for fighting sylvans?

Well Sylvans kill conjurers. Warlocks have conjurers. Warlocks for the longest time turned their heads as Sylvans do not contain evil mages or use magic for evil. However if you push someone too many times, they will get up and punch you. Hint Sylvans and Warlocks started to war.

Basically, defend your brothers.

Signed in a beautiful flowing script,

Karithia El'Feanor
14094, also
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Attacks on conjurers interfere with the work of the Tower. A random attack on a conjurer is one thing, but to specifically target them is different. Sylvan's wouldn't like it if warlocks decided to erradicate evil magic by setting Thera on fire, because it would interfere with their goals. A similar argument applies to Sylvan's attacking a subset of the warlock cabal.

The reason I didn't want to end the war when Karithia first did was because I didn't like the terms offered. They would have left the Tower in a weaker position because of restrictions imposed by the treaty than it had been in before the war. Therefore, in order to show the other powers that you couldn't dictate terms to the Tower, I rejected them. So again, the Tower was at war with sylvans because while I perceived peace as good, I felt the Tower would be weakened by accepting the particular peace on offer, not because of what sylvans themselves were.

Boldereth and I came up a treaty that had concessions on both sides, but ultimately would have benefited both cabals. Unfortunately it didn't quite come into effect.
14095, RE: also
Posted by Karithia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I've ended the war. I certainly tried to create a peace between Sylvan and Warlock, but the leaders of Sylvan did not want to agree with my terms. Annalena and I (both no longer leaders) tried what we could but to no avail. I never agreed when the Magister (whom I can't recall off the top of my head) did. But I backed the leaders as a good Warlock should (after all I was titled Dutiful and Responsible during that time. This was backed during when you were Preceptor I believe.

Signed in a beautiful flowing script,

Karithia El'Feanor
14090, god dammit..
Posted by Quid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you go through chars like their tissues!!! heh
14089, RE: What can I say, should have been done a long time ago.
Posted by Drahk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll miss you, man. A man can't ask for more than a good enemy. Was fun fighting, fun talking.

HAT!