Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Topaka the Banisher of Fear, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=139085
139085, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Topaka the Banisher of Fear, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 28 16:03:40 2020

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Topaka perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:18
139086, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Topaka the Banisher of Fear, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Posted by Person saying, "Really?" on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
18 hours, level 41, new induct, delete. Pretty sure this is why we can't have nice things (xp/learning bonus).

Meh.
139087, How exactly did this negatively impact your life? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
139091, I'll tell you
Posted by The person saying really... really. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was waiting for an interview and he was ahead of me and after fourty-five minutes I couldn't continue waiting at that point. So not the end of the world, but everything minus the interview process is fine - I find the fact they got interviewed, inducted, and deleted the primary issue. Why get to that point, wasting the interviewer's time (if not multiple interviewers) plus others trying to put in their own share.

I would think by level 40+ you'd know if you were going to keep a character or not and therefore not get inducted into a cabal knowing you're just going to delete, etc.

So, clickbait, I wouldn't make a post if I wasn't somehow affected.
139094, RE: I'll tell you
Posted by Exit Interview on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I sympathise and empathise - he kinda did waste the interviewer's time, and the fact that you were left waiting only makes it worse. That said, perhaps he has a legit OOC IRL reason - we don't know.

Silver lining, it rather made me reflect on the fact that it's the same (worse actually) when we go for empowerment/ leadership, with all the immteraction that entails, and then bail out on the char the same as our friend here has done.

Let's all respect each other's time, and do what we can to keep this a fun hobby for all :-)
139095, If you don’t find interviews fun...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...you don’t have to take and block a leadership position.
139088, PSA: Playing a character for a long time isn't a prereq for CF. People like to try things. nt
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(This was not me, but there is nothing wrong with playing a character for 10, 15, 20, 30 hours to see if you like it or not)