Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Leitha Ar'Er the Planewalker, Priestess of Loss
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=137551
137551, (DELETED) [None] Leitha Ar'Er the Planewalker, Priestess of Loss
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Oct 11 11:52:41 2019

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Leitha perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:299
137560, Thank you all for a blast of a character
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So back in May I was in a car accident. My car was totaled and I was recovering from the accident, so I found myself with A LOT of time on my hands. This is where Leitha comes in. I wanted to do something RP heavy. Something that I'm uncomfortable with. Thus, Leitha was rolled.

Role:

Leitha had a rather simple role. I wanted her to be able to change and adapt to the material that others gave her. So she was simply a human who was raised in Darsylon by human parents who were servants. Some stuff happened, and she left Darsylon feeling awkward about the city in general. She hated weapons so she never practiced the weapons she could learn. She only used exotics. She was a vegetarian because she liked animals. She had a bunch of small quirks and those things really helped her come alive.

Leitha was supposed to be very shy and unsure of her path. She had a good idea of who she was, but not where she was going. Which is why it was probably close to 30 hours before she left newbie ranks. She was traveling and talking and RPing with other people. I had a ton of fun during these times. And these times helped me set the groundwork for who Leitha was as a character.

Why I Deleted:

I really really liked the character Leitha, and after getting booted from Fortress, I had a ton of plans for where I wanted to take her. Sadly, RL has come for me. No more are the days of sitting on the couch with tons of time on my hands. I have so much going on right now, and not enough time to put into Leitha. I could have limped to the finish line, but I think Leitha deserves better than that. 2 or 3 hours a week simply isn't gonna cut it for what she has to offer. So I decided to pull the plug. Also, hero range is pretty lame right now, and it simply isn't fun. So when I did log in, I just felt like "Why am I doing this?"

Fortress as a whole:

Listen. I'm not gonna be a baby about things. I just want to voice an opinion. I think Fortress is moving too close to the Paladin code. It seems like current Fortress IMM's want everyone in Fortress to play like a paladin, but most people in Fortress are not Paladins. There is a place for Paladin code, and there is a place for Fortress. The two are overlapping too much right now. Looking at every goodie v goodie kill as the same is simply ridiculous as the game is coded. If someone is WANTED and running a muck through town, I think they deserve all the punishments that would come from killing a good mob. But if someone is doing all they can not to kill a good mob, but it happens anyways, then that should be looked at differently. The game isn't coded to work how you guys seem to think it works. Lastly, I'm not mad I got booted. Quite frankly, at the time, I deserved it. I do think I was unfairly judged before that though. I was made Maran, then the cabal went poof, then I was let back in as squire and I don't feel I had my fair chance to become Maran again. That's what irks me, not the boot out of the cabal.

To Korsgaard, I issue a challenge. Play an aggressive goodie conjurer using mostly angels to kill. If you play 250 hours in pk range with no goodie kills as said character (while being as aggressive as you can) my next 3 characters will be active and serious Korsgaard followers, AND I will publicly apologize for my ignorance, AND I'll donate to the game. (Dunno how much yet) If you have a goodie kill, you have to own it (We're working on the honor system) and publicly admit you couldn't do it. (I suppose this challenge works for Padwei as well. Just replace Korsgaard with Padwei in the challenge.) (Also I don't actually take this challenge seriously, I'm just curious to see if you could do it. I don't hate you two or anything, we just have a difference of opinion.) :)

Goodbyes:

Rahsael: Oh my God! You are fantastic. I tried a Rahsael follower with a ranger I had not too long ago, and I was impressed so I wanted to try again, but more serious. Wow did I make a good decision. Your RP is spot on perfect for what you're going for as a religion. Weird, a little creepy, but also very comforting at the same time. I was always impressed with the small things, like when you would mess with me when I was wearing the mask, or when you would talk to me as Aurew. The small things often are what make a character come to life, and you were perfect at that. I'm really sorry for deleting before finishing your task. I had a good idea of what I was going to do with the task, but I was struggling to get the research I would need. Anyways, thank you thank you thank you. You're awesome. Playing a Rahsael follower was one of the most difficult, and fantastic things I've done in this game and I won't soon forget it. Being that RP intensive is something I hope others get to enjoy one day. To anyone thinking of making a Rahsael follower: DO IT! It's awesome! But be prepared to RP your ass off if you plan to take it seriously. Lastly, thank you for trusting me with your tattoo. I've never had one before, so when I got yours I seriously had a smile on my face for a couple of days because of it. And don't worry. I won't tell anyone any secrets. I have logs but I'll only post the PK logs I have before the tattoo just in case. :)

Gruntner: Thanks for all the good times. You're a good Marshall and you're good for the cabal. Our characters butted heads a small bit because I was chaotic and had ideas that a paladin just wasn't going to go for. But we had a good relationship otherwise. Take care.

Cabessudo: I really wish we had more times to PK together. We could have done some real good work. You're a fantastic PK'er and I wish you well.

Aurew: Thank you for all you did with Leitha early on. You had probably the most impact on my character other than Rahsael, even though you weren't there for most of it. :) I was impressed with your RP and I had the pleasure of fighting with you as Cheyerre, so I already experienced what you bring to the PK table, and that was awesome as well. Thank you.

I interacted with a bunch of people, but my memory sucks. If you drop a reply, I'll respond.

137567, RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character
Posted by Sayra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could tell your character was a bit shy, but you did open up a bit more as you became to know people. It was also nice you had a djinn familiar. Rham helped expand your roleplay, giving you an avenue to speak without the shyness.

I was hoping to talk to you more about Rahsael and your path. Not to mention hear your story. Good luck with your next character!

Sayra
137571, Thanks Sayra
You're a great player and you're great for the game. When the Inn has competent players and RP'ers there's something special that you give to the game that is hard to duplicate. Sayra was a great listener and a great person to RP off of. I especially enjoyed your character specific songs and melodies. It was really cool to be a part of. Thank you, and keep on being awesome!
137574, RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character
Posted by Cexonza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character. C really, really like Leitha- mostly for the reasons you'd expect, and for for one or two that might surprise you, too. You never really did answer my first question, though, didja? :p

The mechanical side stuff you describe sounds frustrating.

GLWYN

137575, Cexonza was fantastic
I could tell from our conversations that there were so many layers to your character. I also very much enjoyed your emote game. It is strong. I really wish I had more time to explore your character and enrich my own experience through your awesome RP. Some of those times, at the Inn, with you and Sel are some of my favorite moments with this character. You, Sel, and Sayra are the true standout RP'ers out there.

Kudos and I hope you make it to the finish line.
137576, Well done.
Posted by Blackstar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry things turned out the way they did. Sel saw Leitha as a friend and someone that he cared for. I had a chance to kill you within the Fortress....but Sel couldn't honestly do it so he made a pseudo attempt once you were healed.

You were one of the few characters within the Fortress that weren't just empty murder hounds. The irony that you would get booted when you put a lot of effort into it...well I won't get into that. I am glad you were tasked with what you were as it lead to quite a few great encounters.

I really wish I could of done that painting for you and if you had stayed with it/had more time you would of had a really memorable character. Leitha was definitely one of my favorites in recent times.

Hopefully your time frees up and you can play something again soon.
137583, Thank you for the kind words.
Yeah, like I said in Cexonza's reply, Sel was fantastic and one of the stand out RP'ers out there. I remember the time in the Fortress when you could have killed me. I knew you were there, but Leitha wouldn't have been worried about dying to Sel. Not out of arrogance or anything, but rather that she saw you as a kindred tormented spirit, and dying to you wouldn't be so bad. A part of me wanted you to do it, as it would have opened up new RP opportunities between us, but that's the fun thing about this game. Things worked out as they should have between our characters based on each one's motivations. :)

Take care, and when I have time, I'll definitely be back.
137619, RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved Leitha. Your conversations with your familiar were awe-inspiringly cool. Additionally, you made some conscious decisions that were completely within role, and very Rahsaelian, that had some serious consequences for your character. I immensely respect moves like that. Since you were booted from Fort, I had planned some big things for you on the religion front, hoping that could fill the void.

Also, I hope you weren't smiling too hard after that tattoo. Without saying more, you had barely scratched the surface, so there's still more to discover if you ever come back.

Thanks for a fun and fascinating character!
137624, Thank you, again.
I said a lot in my initial response, so I'll keep this brief. I thank you for trying to keep my character going after the boot. I could tell you were trying to give me something to sink my teeth into, but it just would have been too time consuming to make the character fun after the boot. It could have worked if I had 8 hours a day to devote to it like in the early days of Leitha, but oh well.

Thank you again. I'll be back to your religion one day, I'm sure.
137620, RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very much liked Leitha, I genuinely enjoyed snooping and seeing you interact with your familiar so regularly.

One of my favorite moments was when I gave you the boost to your familiar, you IMMEDIATELY pulled it into an RP moment about his lore/sultanic-history stuff. I legit loved that.

Great job at a great character!

-Ish
137625, Thank you so much for Rham!
I didn't know it was you who gave me the boosted Djinn. I only saw 'an immortal' I think. Anyways, Rham was awesome. The boost was very noticeable as well. Not only in direct PK but in other ways that helped Leitha immensely. I'm happy you had fun snooping her. I try my best to stay in character, and talking to Rham was something Leitha loved to do. He was my little partner in crime.

I always hear such lovely things about you from other characters. I really want to try an Ish follower one day. I'm not a huge fan of writing, but I'm sure it won't be so bad. Thanks again, and take care.
137621, Challenge Accepted
Posted by Korsgaard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wonder how many times I'll have to roll until I get a cherub
137626, Uh oh. I may have to eat some of my words.
Of course, I mean no offense or disrespect with the challenge. I really am curious to see if you can do it. (Assuming you're being serious and are really going to give it a go, of course. Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's being sarcastic via text.) I think it will be harder than you think it will be, but I'm wishing you success.

I always liked Korsgaard, and if I lose the challenge I look forward to making some of your followers. Thanks for giving me a chance at Maran, initially, and I will always remember the RP session with you and Emnon with fondness. It was really cool how it all went down. Thanks for having my back. :)

Edited to add: I had cherub with my conjurer Merietta. After having it, and not having it, I'm not sure it makes all that much difference. If you're putting max mana into calling an archon or angel, you should generally get the big one. I suppose it still makes a difference, but I really wouldn't count it as a huge difference. Also, if you get Djinn, you get a boost to elementals, which is nothing to scoff at. A strong elemental can be a real beast.
137622, Inspiring
Posted by Gruntner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Leitha was legitimately one of the coolest characters I have interacted with. Grunter considered Leitha like a sister, and I think more than once we talked about being sort of yin and yang, but together it all made sense. RPing with Rham under the guise that Leitha had no idea what we spoke of was soooo cool, fun - and brought a separation between the familiar and the character, so Rham wasn't just an extension of Leitha. I will admit, I got stumped on the mask thing for a while, and sort of gave up... and then... stuff happened. I should have got alittle more creative about trying to get rid of that thing, long before it happened and you got the boot, but ce la vie. Your RP was fantastic, top notch and memorable - and you were skilled with the conjurer toolkit too boot. (I could never pull one off... i'd be frustrated to rage deletion soooo fast). Thanks for the kind words, and you are definitely missed around the Fort. I will echo some sentiments about the current Fortress situation and say that I empathize with you completely. I loved Cheyerre too, so I can't wait for your next. GLWYN!
137627, Your kind words are humbling
Gruntner is a perfectly RP'd dwarf paladin. You stick to that perspective so well it inspires me as much as I inspired you. Being that I was playing a chaotic conjurer, it only made sense that we would butt heads. But there was always respect and friendship between us. Don't worry about the mask thing. It was one of those things that was playing out in other ways. You maybe could have done something about it, but it would have been difficult as I had religious reasons to have it on as well.

Anyways, keep up the good work. You're steadfastness is such a beacon of strength for the Fortress. Take care.
137556, Damn, I nearly had enough stock to finally open my shop.
Posted by Morok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good fights, but now I need to find a new supplier.
137559, Lol. Good stuff.
I had fun fighting you as well. Kudos for being one of the only people who would actually engage me in combat 1 on 1.

Your fighting style was pretty harsh for ol' Leitha, and you seem to be doing well so keep up the good work. Maybe in another incarnation I'll be able to buy back some of Leitha's shields. :)