Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Hocnec ShadowDart the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=137397
137397, (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Hocnec ShadowDart the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Sep 7 07:47:57 2019

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Hocnec perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:192
137412, That was unexpected.
Posted by Morok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm assuming as other have said this was age gear? Was it intentional? I hope it was otherwise this could be very frustrating.

Anyway I really liked Hocrec, a great and steady presence in the Village, a powerhouse always ready to throw down regardless of the odds and a supportive elder for all us young ones.

Big thank you for all the help ranking, gearing and generally trying to get the Village back to strength.
137401, Withered a lot?
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because if so this is what I have been arguing against for a long time now.

Age death at 192 hrs.

There should be nothing communed/cast/skill that has a permentant impact over the entire life of the character.

The aging component of wither needs to be removed. -30 strength is enough
137404, To stop this ahead of time.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't see any withers as being the issue here, I don't see him as having eaten wither aging from a brief glance (Edited to add: I'm wrong, more than a brief glance shows he did get wither aging once, but it wasn't enough to make him die at 192 hours). So I'm cutting off this complaint before it starts. The death thread can be kept to being a death thread, thanks.

-Ish
137405, Surely a discussion about dying at a young age
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
is a valid death thread discussion?

After all, age at death, and hours played, are in the data shared on the death thread.

I for one am very interested in why the character I knew age died so young with so few hours.
137408, RE: Surely a discussion about dying at a young age
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Probably +age gear if I had to guess.
137407, probably just died with +age eq on
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you eat 10 deaths easily as a rager with 30 age and you're gonna go kaput
137409, Yeah. The human only rings from past that are +age would easily do that, and not be looted much since they're human only.
Posted by TheBluestThumb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nh
137411, I don't think it works that way.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I might be misinterpreting what you're saying, but it reads as if you think every time you wear a piece of plus age gear it takes X amount of years off your total life.

The only time age gear impacts you in a real way outside of killing you is bumping you from young-mature-middleaged-old. I can't remove a +10 ring and wear it and remove it and wear it and remove it and wear it and suddenly I'm 30 years older. I'd have to wear 2 +10 age rings at the same time to achieve a cumulative affect.

Whenever I want to age die early I'll grab ring/belt/weapons and age die pretty easy. This could easily be done as rager as well.

Maybe I didn't understand your response though.

Also loved Hocnec. Also hated Hocnec.

137414, iirc it works in two ways
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yes, your age goes up or down while you're wearing it

but if you die with it on then the +/- becomes permanent

so if you wear two +10 age rings and die 10 times with them on as a low age race (arial, human) it is going to screw you up far quicker. that's my understanding of + age gear and i think it impacts different races disproportionately based on their lifespan
137415, I don't think it works this way.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't you get the age effect echoes when you die with it on?

Otherwise you could fountain of youth a char at the price of 1/3 con with -age gear. Just eat a death to gain a bunch of years. (if you know where to get -age gear, which is admittedly rare)

You could stack a bunch of -age gear on an arial, eat one death, and live forever. Arials would end up being the most hours as they could so easily rejuvenate, being that a year to them is far more hours than it is to an elf.

Also, people age die the second they die wearing -age gear, unless they can get it back on before the next tick which is unlikely, so the -age effect does not seem permanent.

137418, Maybe he had the Grandpa flaw. nt
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
no tubingos