Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectAnathema
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=135145&mesg_id=135154
135154, Anathema
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To echo some of the other thoughts, but with my own personal touch, I wouldn’t want to see mortals lose anathema unless we’re entirely re-working Empire to: 1) weaken all the powers, 2) make it imm-induction only based on more elite performance, 3) reduce the maximum number of players allowed in it.

That isn’t to say I want those things either, but that’s the sort of stuff I would want traded off if the easy-out of Empire is removed. It’s a cabal you can easily get into, and potentially easily get some pretty sick powers. That has a trade off. Kstatida called it the ‘sword of damocles’, which I like both for the reference and because it conveys the feeling you should have in the Empire. You should be in fear that someone will just kick you out willy-nilly, it’s central to the cabal RP.

As Rahsael said as well, anathema isn’t the end unless you have heavy expectations that “I get into the cabal I want, I get the powers I want, all without downsides”. Anathema is tough, but there is stuff you can do while anathema. Alternatively, to avoid the risk, avoid Empire.

-Ish