Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Serris Songswallow the Unheralded Mistress of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133847
133847, (AUTO) [None] Serris Songswallow the Unheralded Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 25 17:36:01 2018

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Serris perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:484
133856, Some goodbyes
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like I said in Odoe's death thread, when I approach age death, I can't seem to get excited about doing things with death looming.

Serris was a LOT of fun. Otyugh is a great Holoween form. I was very pleased when I got it. Good dam redux, third attack, SCAVENGE!, and could plague with bite and lash. I thought the horned owl would be perfect with it because of all the assassins. But, despite night vision, I was bugged by how slow the owl was in general. I'm sure that Serris had far fewer kills that Odoe, Acra and Kycue. I think that had a lot to do with people running away sooner when an Otyugh with a couple elementals is coming after them. But, she wasn't about PKing anyway, though she was a bit of a hot head.

To that Herald shifter who hid the fact that you took the dragonscale pendant after we killed Tiamat (despite me asking) with the Fortress to turn around and give it to an imperial necro was slack. Mostly the subterfuge to your fellow Heralds. It felt good chewing you out over the cabal channel for it.

Soon after, I went into the Fortress when imperials were raiding to kill said imperials (a Herald no no) and got booted from Herald for it. I was fully OK with that. I loved being a Herald, but Serris was brash, impulsive and hard headed, so I knew she couldn't resist doing something like that.

Loved the Heralds. Thanks for the induct Aiya. Spent a lot of time with Zidi and Ehl. Ehl, you were Serris' favorite person in Thera. A fun char with a good sense of humor and laid back attitude who would help anyone. I was really pissed when that slimy thief robbed you.

Glik. Serris often used an item to summon a spirit bear. Glik did not like fighting Serris especially with a spirit bear. One day I fell to some ragers and nightwalkers in Maethian. Kikane just took the item and gave it to Tahren. I was online when the next reboot happened and went straight to the very remote mob with the item to get it back. Glik was already there fighting it. I ran him off, but he returned and ended up getting it. He could not use it, but gave it to Solraen to hold forever. It looked suspicious to me, but if Kikane or Glik say it wasn't OOC info, I'll accept that.

Ealle the thief. I'm glad you're dead. Made everything less fun. Robbed Serris of a Staff of wonders, notes of the master, brazzier from hell and probably a couple of other things when I was out of form for about 15 seconds in Galadon. Never had spoken to you. You wouldn't even speak to Serris afterward to sell anything back. You also robbed Ehl who I think had helped you before and considered you a friend. I'm not saying it was bad RP, but why you'd pick such an RP for a char is beyond me.

Yanni: thanks for the Tiamat trip. Was really cool. We had such a huge party it seemed too easy. But, I know that was due in large part to careful planning and hard fought knowledge that you'd acquired on a failed trip.

Like I said on Odoe's death thread, I'm horrible with names, so please respond if Serris made an impression and I'll respond.
133861, Loved Serris
Posted by k-b on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always good to have experienced and capable people around. Especially in a group about to fight the Queen of Dragons, heh. GLWYN and I hope to see you around when I have some time to play again.
133875, I really enjoyed running with you
Posted by Zidiri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tough, reliable, focused, willing to share the knowledge - perfect exploration partner. Zidiri (and me as a player) missed you horribly!
133892, Thanks.
I was always glad when you were on. I know that you were often distracted in RL while you were on and had to quit abruptly sometimes. But, a little Zidi was better than no Zidi.
133878, RE: Some goodbyes
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glik. Serris often used an item to summon a spirit bear. Glik did not like fighting Serris especially with a spirit bear. One day I fell to some ragers and nightwalkers in Maethian. Kikane just took the item and gave it to Tahren. I was online when the next reboot happened and went straight to the very remote mob with the item to get it back. Glik was already there fighting it. I ran him off, but he returned and ended up getting it. He could not use it, but gave it to Solraen to hold forever. It looked suspicious to me, but if Kikane or Glik say it wasn't OOC info, I'll accept that.

"One day I saw Odoe with all these animals then the other day I didnt and Serris had them all! It looked suspicious to me, but if Serris or Odoe say it wasn't OOC info, I'll accept that." :)
133879, Hah!
Only one of the pet items is legendary, so they could both have them. Although Odoe never had a hellish elemental. And while I don't recall how Odoe lost the legendary item (I'm pretty sure it was when he lost everything to hoarding code), I will admit that Serris went and got it sometime after that and was pretty sure it would be there.

But, I still don't think that's the same as telling an IC enemy OOC that you gave item X to Tahren so they can run get it and put it in a gear locker. Did Glik check that remote mob every reboot? No. But, this time he did. And he did it immediately. The fact that he figured Odoe and Serris were the same player (probably because no one else knew how to call a spirit bear) and Odoe had full-looted him was probably a motivating factor, but there's nothing wrong with that.

So, it's certainly not the worst offense in the world. But, it did bug me a little bit because I don't have any out of game discussions about any of my chars with anyone.
133882, Hate to break it to you
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I reckon a lot of people know how to call the spirit bear.

At least, I figured it out without expecting to.
133883, Ok
Just never seen anyone use it since they changed it. I told someone myself.
133888, RE: Ok
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Problem is, figuring out how to use it doesn't get you the item. Heh.
133884, This is why you are a bit stupid
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw you once there before reboot since I was looking for my enemies and my recall point was in Udgaard, also I knew that Odoe was your char who had that item and lost it. Also I knew that there is only one point for you to stay there and kill that mob. So I engaged you, returned after the reboot and took the item. I don't need OOC connection to make 2+2. Poor you.
133885, Nope...
Just like your false claims I spammed you (and of which you have no logs), that's not how it happened. Serris had had the item for quite awhile. He lost it to a rager. On the reboot, you went straight to it. It was not on the mob before the reboot. Yes, you had attacked me once in the past when I was up there, so what? Obviously you knew where I went to get it. The point is, I always had it. So why would you check the mob unless you knew I didn't?

You present several facts that together, in no way, suggest why you seemed to know it was there. Like I said, not that big of a deal. But, you are still a liar (at least about the spamming).

As far as being stupid, I'm not a PK machine. I play to have fun and that involves helping others have fun. I spend a lot of time teaching others what I know about the game and helping others get rods and EQ and trying to make others laugh. When I do get a PK bug is when I think someone's being a jerk and/or dominating their PK range causing people to log out (and ragers). That's why my chars don't have tons of kills, but despite the fact that I almost always play un-caballed chars, you'll find names in there like Glik, Malchazzar, Zah, Oxias, Tigga, Antone...

You are a very good and prolific PKer. But, my chars chased Glik all over Thera and you've never killed any of them. You even ran from me when we were underwater when I was chasing you out of form.
133886, You are still stupid and this is why
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A) I see your shifter at the mob in that area and there is only one items is worth there.

B) I engage.

C) World reboot, I go there and take it.

You are more stupid then I thought. But I do enjoy your butthurt.
133887, That's just not how I remember it.
At all. But, if you say you didn't know OOC, fine, I'll let it go. We can agree to disagree on how it went down.
133909, RE: Some goodbyes
Posted by Daerkshyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are missed! Always fun to adventure with you and it was amazing what we could manage. I had a feeling about Odoe and another whose name escapes me as to the correct spelling, so I'll leave it out. Loved seeing you awake and about, moreso when you were part of the Inn but any time really. And I knew you were just following your 'passion' when you went after Glik so could hardly blame you.

You're a huge asset to Thera, for better or worse, though most often for the better. Don't be a stranger and the Inn can always use more Heralds! Even if they get booted! Who doesn't love a tale about redemption? So drop back on by and stay a spell if you find yourself back in the fields, and maybe some future incarnations of ours will run amuck once more!

Peace and thanks for all the good times!
133850, Another one!
Posted by Zah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were very tough with that... I can't even remember what form it was let alone try to spell it.

Big hours to AUTO too, GLWYN.
133854, Otyugh nt
nt