Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThis was me, sorry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133369&mesg_id=133432
133432, This was me, sorry
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had quite a few drinks last night and thought it was funny that Beront was posting anonymously rather than with his actual handle or as Glik anonymously. I spontaneously changed my name at end to create a bit of chaos but see now how silly it was. I apologise, it was meant in jest and not to be malicious.

The point I made in the post was legitimate however.

I remember when I first met Glik I had quite a lot of respect for you. You were obviously a very skilled PKer, the Emperor and I even quite liked your RP. We fought many times and I lost more CON to you than probably any other character, but I didn't mind. Dying can be fun too, and I know brings a huge amount of joy to the other player, so this makes me fairly reckless. Plus, like Bak you were a real challenge and each time we fought I would try something different to see if it was more effective.

However you then went on to post some edited logs on QHCF that painted my character in a bad way and overlaid OOC accusations and threats. I saw you do this to plenty of other character too.

This really soured my experience with Glik and immediately lost all my respect. From that point on I purposely avoided Glik, I wouldn't fight and would often log out when you came on because I wanted nothing to do with you, or risk giving you more logs to get caught in your OOC behaviour. Reading your farewell I feel like I wasn't the only one quitting out to avoid you.

CF is unfortunately a dying game, who knows how many years it has left with a decent player base. You have a lot to offer to the game and can certainly make people want to play more, but if you behave the way you did as Glik did towards the you'll only turn people away. This is not the 90's, there are plenty of amazing games out there and second this one is no longer fun, like it was when Glik was online, is when I go play something else.

I do hope you come back, but I also hope make more of an effort to give back to the game, and the player base, that has obviously given you so much.