Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Farewells: Let the celebration-storm begins
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=133369&mesg_id=133396
133396, RE: Farewells: Let the celebration-storm begins
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congrats on the excessively dangerous and long-lived char!

I had some pretty back and forth feelings on Glik, and never really settled into a view on him. So I’ll just share my general views, since that’s what goodbye threads are all about!

On one hand, I was a huge fan of Glik. Watching your combat was pretty great, and seeing those numbers shoot up? Woo! It was hard to not get excited when Glik managed to inspire some massive group/cabal wars. While you were very prep controlled/safe, you were also willing to take risks, which is why watching your fights never got boring. I also was a huge fan in relation to how you handled being Emperor. You got a lot of flack, both IC and OOC, for being an evil despot. But that’s actually what I liked about you. An Emperor who tosses someone to the side when they, even indirectly, take part in your death? Someone forgot to say hi to you? Someone failed to do a simple order? No mercy! You were tyranny incarnate, and that is one of the reasons I personally love Empire. It’s supposed to be easy-in, easy-out, and you made the easy-out all the more apparent. Even when I ran some role-play events as NPCs, you would be there RPing the high-and-mighty emperor that you were. As a minor example, we had the imperial inquisition event in Galadon. You come in and effectively halt the entire event because these imperial mobs should require your approval to do so, and you were right to do so! I loved that. In relation to English, I think your messages came across clear despite any language barrier.

So in terms of general presence as a tyrant and pk stuff, I was a big fan.

On the other hand, you were hard to watch at times. Between forum posts and prays, you were a real turn-off for me during multiple events. I decided that I’m not going to get too into it, since I’m more interested in goodbye threads being a celebration of the characters, but that’s just my tidbit of feedback for you since I otherwise really enjoyed the char.

All in all, you were a lot of fun to watch and “deal with” as Ish. By deal with, I mean that people hated you. REALLY hated you. Lots of folks would mention you in our RP discussions, and it was always really interesting to hear the perspectives of why – either because of your mercilessness, feeling like you blamed them for something they didn’t cause, or because you were just a force to be reckoned with. Ish’s opinion on that was simple, “He’s the Emperor”. If you don’t like it, why join his Empire? Then, subsequently, question them as to why they think nobody is initiating a vote against you if supposedly none of the council likes you.

Thanks for giving a good show on what Emperor despot RP can actually manage in terms of the extreme despot angle. Hope you liked the room description, I spent half an hour trying to figure out one that fit both your atmosphere and description, and struggled quite a bit on it.

-Ish