Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Phelzhis ShankBone the Sensei, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=132181
132181, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Phelzhis ShankBone the Sensei, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 6 22:29:29 2017

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Phelzhis perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:410
132205, Good ol' Graatch n/t
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
132203, Thanks Phelzhis
Posted by FlatEarthIsReal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you did a great job all around.
132195, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Phelzhis ShankBone the Sensei, D...
Posted by Girsst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good ridance. Maybe your character made sense religion wise but honestly, I never seen such a boring playing style for a Cabal leader. No wonder Battle numbers were so low.
132190, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Phelzhis ShankBone the Sensei, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my first follower to really seem to grasp the religion, and you did a very good job with it. I hope you enjoyed that whole deal as much as I did. (I won't say much more because I don't want to spoil the surprises for other followers who stick it out to that point). But there was still more left waiting for you.

I had hoped you would stick it out after the Commander deal. I figured it would have been a great thing to run with religion-wise -- you know, loss of a position you wanted -- and I was kind of taken aback when you just up and deleted like that. But if that was enough to spoil it for you, I guess you weren't really feeling it anymore, anyway. And when it stops being fun, it's time to jet. 410 hours ain't a bad run!

Anyway, thanks again for playing the first super-solid Rahs follower. I'm sad to LOSE you. Good luck with your next!
132192, Huh.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does this mean that his way of interacting with applicants had to do with your religion and he just wanted to make them feel the grief of loss in not being inducted?

That would make me feel a lot better about the character but would reiterate my point on having a grief based religion.

>You were my first follower to really seem to grasp the
>religion, and you did a very good job with it. I hope you
>enjoyed that whole deal as much as I did. (I won't say much
>more because I don't want to spoil the surprises for other
>followers who stick it out to that point). But there was still
>more left waiting for you.
>
>I had hoped you would stick it out after the Commander deal. I
>figured it would have been a great thing to run with
>religion-wise -- you know, loss of a position you wanted --
>and I was kind of taken aback when you just up and deleted
>like that. But if that was enough to spoil it for you, I guess
>you weren't really feeling it anymore, anyway. And when it
>stops being fun, it's time to jet. 410 hours ain't a bad run!
>
>Anyway, thanks again for playing the first super-solid Rahs
>follower. I'm sad to LOSE you. Good luck with your next!
132194, RE: Huh.
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
His motives and methods were more complicated than that, but he definitely applied the religion to his interviewing style. I'm not going to speak for him, but it seemed to me that he intended to test their resolve, not drive them away.

As for the whole "grief" thing, if you're determined to believe that, I'm not going to tell you anything here that I haven't said already. I invite you to try a Rahsael follower and be surprised/challenged.
132196, The whole 'grief' thing..
..caused a cabal to remain mostly empty for several weeks because he wanted applicants to feel 'loss'.

Now, he was also a dirtbag anyway so I know that contributed a lot in addition to the religion..

But my question is when your 'loss' equates to wasted time for other players that intentionally causes them 'grief', is it really appropriate in a game with an already dwindling playerbase?

I rolled up and enjoyed plotting my vengeance on your douchebag griefing follower, but how many players said 'oh yeah this is why I quit this #### game'.

Now I greatly appreciate your hours and contribution as a player and staff member, I just don't get why this religion is a good idea. All the roles I can think of to appropriately play out your religion involve me greatly pissing people off, so playing the religion isn't a great idea. I only like pissing off players I really don't like, which is like 5 people. Wouldn't be fair to incorporate it into a role that equally spreads that attention to others.
132201, Gotta say, as a passive observer recently
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What Jalim is saying strikes a chord.

I get you (Rahsael) are saying to try the religion for yourself but it seems I've been reading numerous threads about your only known follower (to me at least) who has been a negative experience to other players, in my favorite cabal, to boot. And now this is apparently due to his role as your follower? Just sayin' it looks like Jalim has a point.

And here we go again. Me offering my perception of an event that'll probably get me labeled a conspiratorial asshole. I do acknowledge that I didn't witness or experience anything in game. But what the forums look like to me has to count for something.
132202, In a vacuum.
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It might seem that way, but there have already been a few Rahs followers. In fact, if you look at Squeegle's death thread that player specifically said that the griefing/full loot behaviors win no points from the Lord of Loss and instead seen as unworthy. I had an interesting opportunity to become a follower based on my role, and I am really skeptical that griefer behavior was something that was going to be expected of me.

It kind of seems like Phelzis was being picky with his standards, choosing candidates that would be able to deal with how he looked at the village. Akin to if Scarab was a magic hating cabal. My own interactions with him were never village related, other than incidental scouting against evil mages in his range, but he seemed alright to me. Granted our interactions weren't plentiful, but if anything he seemed to be curt and direct.

Without internal knowledge of the religion it's questionably speculative to suggest that said player was griefing because of their religion. Personal grudges cloud judgment. It's not fair to Rahs to make accusations that only IC info can defeat, he is really active and dedicated. Based on battlefield commentary he has potential plans for almost half the MUD ;) Seriously though I think his religion is being misjudged here.
132206, I don't doubt his religion is
I'll bet if I rolled a follower I'd have a blast.

I also recognize that he seems very dedicated.

But, man, sorry I don't know who Squeegie is. I just know that from forum reeding the first prolific follower of Rahsael's seemed to have a bad rap that people are tying back to his religion. And Rahsael seems to be agreeing some of his behavior was role/religion induced, even though it might have been misunderstood.

Then you have Jalim making his comments. Not gonna lie, it roused thoughts of that guy whose role was to full loot everyone for some stupid reason like he was sphere purity and he was saving people by removing their dependence on material belongings.

Again, just my perception that probably will be offensive to the rainbow land of the Cam Bradys out there.
132208, RE: Fair enough.
It's not the biggest stretch to think that loss and griefing could be connected, they are relative. However in light of the last time it was brought up it seems to me that full loots and griefing for teh lulz is closer to anathema to the religion than it is in favor of.

Squeegle was a goblin follower of Rahs, for clarity it's S Q U E E G L E, iirc. The player broached the subject without giving much away in their goodbyes.
132209, Heh, yeah, whoops
And it's R E A D I N G. Posting on ipad/iPhone is certain to bring me typos.

132210, No worries ;) n/t
It says no text, but you just had to look anyway.
132211, To be fair
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I can come up with a couple of roles that would follow Rahsael in a manner that asks for helping people MASSIVELY.

As a matter of fact, Rahsael seems like an imm of choice for scribes.

You just have to approach loss from another angle.
132213, RE: To be fair
I agree, because that is actually exactly who I was when I got a dream and then an offer from a Seeker priest. Which is why above I said that I doubted an expectation to turn griefer from that character. I was committed to my original plan, though, so I decided to suspiciously ignore the invitation (ICly, that is) otherwise I might have been Rahs's first pally. The invitation eluded to helping my fellows deal with their loss by understanding it myself, so I think you are 100% right with your hunch. I'm not able to play for a few weeks otherwise I was going to jump on the offer now that Ignolmeer is gone. If I hadn't decided to delete I think Rahs would have fit with my role much better than the Citadel.
132234, Defending rahseal
Posted by lochlan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ive had only brief interactions with rahseal, and only one notable one through a doll with another character. But also do know a few followers, one in example that does very well and I am quite proud of for how he handles himself and his religion and keeps it all together.

A player trying to treat a religion as something for griefing, is only one player doing so, it does not mean the religion is based on griefing, nor would the imm himself approve of that, and rahseal actually, doesnt.

The religion is heavily emotion based, and cause and affect with benefits of loss, and character growth and development. The religion itself seems largely bent on having rather very deep character development and heavy interaction.

I wish, I really do, that I could have more opportunity just to interact with rahseal with my current given his situation, but 'i' cant actively seek him out due also to my situation.

So I will say in this. A person that runs around full looting screaming loss, is not part of the religion. Its just an assclown trying to find an excuse for his behavior and thrust it on someone else. But if you want a deep / emotional religion with heavy rp experiences, take rahseals religion, because THAT is heavy where it is.
132236, Thanks.
Basically I am limited to what I see having interacted briefly with 3-4 characters that wanted to make me feel 'loss'. I don't have time to explore their roles and interact and develop along with them over a long period of time during my 15-60 minute sessions. If a leader tells me 'you will never be in my cabal' because of an issue they fabricated and claimed they witnessed (ranger groupmate casted armor when in fact we had already discussed no spells and I checked the entire session and at no point did he cast a spell), I'm just gonna be bitter and move the #### on. What I love is that karma came around and made that ####er feel the loss of not having Commander due to his #### and having said loss cause him to delete. Best be sure if you can dish it out you should be able to take it. Guess that deep role really wasn't that deep after all.

Anyway, I will try to keep a more open mind, but with this character specifically that got positive feedback for a well played role for this religion from the Imm...eh..
132204, For what it is worth.
Posted by FlatEarthIsReal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your posts on these forums make me want to stop playing more than anything that has ever happened in game.

132207, This has some truth to it n/t
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
132212, Yeah the earth is totally flat.
Let me listen very closely to this guys opinion.
132189, Great character, GLWYN.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was pleasure to PK together with you, you are very skilled.

You was perfect Drillmaster, who shouldn't be soft and kind to applicants and battleragers.
Second best leader after Gaspare i was in cabal in.

P.S. And no, i'm not writing it because you tried to defend me on gameplay board. I was going to write it in Ebjeobef's farewell, but decided not to because it would look silly. Adriac - great RP too!
132187, changed my mind about you being funnyone a while ago
But good god you were the same league of terrible. Not sure if you are just a serial village hater trying to keep numbers low for your alts or if you only play cf after your dad beats you and calls you worthless but something was going on.

132185, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Phelzhis ShankBone the Sensei, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Honestpaladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you delete over not getting commander? And why did every hate you being a leader?
132183, KK, time to roll villager. n/t
Posted by Jaegendar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No text.