Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectAm I wrong?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=131914&mesg_id=131960
131960, Am I wrong?
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A person devotes 6+ months of tedious work to achieve his or her goal of earning the privilege to join the staff of CF. A few months later they delete, without comment or goodbye to any of the players or characters they liked, disliked or left hanging. All this during a time when player participation is at an all time low and a topic of critical concern for the good of the game.

And this doesn't look bad for the game?

All you said is not unknown to me. I have always had mad respect for the staff. I have a special spot in my heart for this game whether I'm playing or not. Furthermore, I am not a conspiriatorialist. I love reading about the conspiracies, sure. I just don't know enough people OOC to really participate in them. That being said, there are people in this playerbase who will draw deeper meaning into events like this. I don't even need to bother to quote your reply to prove you understand this.

So, to recap, I make two statements:

-a new imm deleting without comment looks bad for CF
-there are players who will make the worst of this

Disagree with me if you like. I'm just being honest with my point of view. I should have acknowledged in my first post that Ignlomeer doesn't owe anyone a response. That still doesn't change how it looks for the game. It's bad for CF.

If you like I can get into the alternatives of how he could have handled his departure. Should we have that talk? Doubtful.

If you feel insulted by my point - well I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to be insulting. It's my opinion, and, if I'm being honest, your response to my post does a lot more for the game than his quiet deletion.