Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=126421
126421, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Nov 21 15:25:35 2015

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Lithodora perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:589
126426, I enjoyed all I saw and was a part of. GLWYN! n/t
Posted by Luthantulas2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
126448, 17 of 31 deaths were to Sodsob
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's like... I think about 10% of his overall PK wins. Were you feeding him charges? :)
126449, RE: 17 of 31 deaths were to Sodsob
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For while I was trying to kill him solo. Almost did, once. I died when he was writhing. That death pissed me off because I'd only just before that wasted my last haste scrol. If I'd been hasted he'd probably have died.

He also had Anazu and would wait at area borders spamming "bash lithodora". Got me that way a couple times. Eventually I got paranoid enough to scan ahead every time I walked across an area border, but that was somewhat late in the game.
126439, Classy to no end
Posted by Zqoemoa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we both had so many "almosts" in our back and forth it was fun and frustrating at the same time. I loved our fights a lot, but you had my number that couple of times when I was careless enough to forget about shield. Oh and that recall potion trick on the northern plains - hilarious.
126435, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by anthemyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was impressed and enjoyed interacting with your character, particularly in terms of your role-play.

I was consistently impressed with how well you played your thief as well (as far as I could tell); when you tanked the imperial council better than a diamondback rattlesnake.....Seeing you kill that conjurer(?) with a single back-stab was pretty fun to see as well.

The thing that I found the most incredible?

A Maran Leader dying to age....
126431, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The best. Thanks for all the help!
126428, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
So a while back my schedule got less busy at work and I decided to end my CF hiatus. For a while I contemplated forcing myself to do something new and different, but in the end I chickened out and went with something familiar. Consequently I think everybody and his brother knew I was playing Lithodora. Oh well. I'm a creature of habit.

I feel like Lithodora was a character of "almost but not quites". There were so, so many fights where I almost pulled off something cool, but ultimately came up short. That, and I again feel like I failed to spend my thief points optimally. One of my early "goals" for Lithodora was to correct the mistakes I made with Ageryn in terms of spending thief points. Instead I just made new mistakes.

Another thing I struggled with, and Koob can attest to this, is the fine line between "gutsy" and "stupid". Or to put it another way the line between "prudent" and "cowardly". Sometimes I erred on the side of gutsy and paid for it. Other times I may have erred on the side of being "too" prudent. I could probably have avoided a handful of deaths to Sodsob if I'd decided a little earlier to just avoid him altogether. On the other hand, there were several raid defenses where I just flat out refused to show up. I always felt a little guilty afterward, but from a pragmatic standpoint it was the right move to make.

A few people googled my name and figured out the theme. I'd been out walking in my neighborhood and noticed some nifty looking blue flowers. After half an hour on google images I figured out they were called "Lithodora". It sounded like it could be a woman's name, so there you go. Another time I noticed some wildflowers and figured out they were called "Commelina", which I adapted to "Commeline".

One big regret is that I didn't get to finish out the stuff I had going with Raltevio where he was supposed to "find" my lost family. Guessing real-life interfered? It happens.

Some characters I enjoyed and/or respected: Gaspare, Caecilius, Quintus, Golthazar, Adira, Worthag, Daphadee, Varnon, Tummel, Gorrborno, Koob, Errylk, Yiralis, Seayon, Dundlin, Selionar, Hittriptlitimi.

To Avderlain: thanks for the kind words after I croaked. I may take you up on that offer.

To Worthag: in case you were curious, my "bright idea" after that last fight was to blackjack your giant so you couldn't fall back. If you had tried to fall back (and failed) then it might have given me enough time to start tripping. Of course, given your build, you probably still would have gotten away. PM me when Worthag is dead; I'd be interested to discuss some stuff.
126429, I assumed this was a Twist character (nt)
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
126432, I'm going to take that as a compliment. :) nt
126430, I was just saying the other day that this character was probably you.
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It had your signature fortress style all over it. Well done good sir.
126433, I didn't know you were Lithodora
Posted by Kowelu Rizzle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It seemed as if you were shadowing me often, but never attacked, and that was the extent of our interactions. Can't blame you, though; I don't know how you even coped with being one of the most underpowered classes at hero.

As for the name, the only thing I thought to myself was "Huh. Greek name meaning gift of stone, I wonder if there's something about it in her role". Never figured out how I'd ask about that IC.
126437, RE: I didn't know you were Lithodora
I basically needed to catch you not flying and out of form, which was probably never going to happen.

Never knew Lithodora meant "gift of stone". Weird. Why did they name a flower that? Maybe it grows out of rocks.
126434, You sonovabitch. I am so mad right now, so mad. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
126436, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Dundlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had alot of fun interacting with you. Not much fighting per the circumstances. Wish maybe there had been some more of each. A few missed opportunities. Next time.
126438, So how'd you age die a leader sub600 hrs?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was that the accelerate prep?
126440, RE: So how'd you age die a leader sub600 hrs?
Doubt it was that prep. I did have strange bracers for about 100 hours. That said, Lithodora still lasted longer than my other two human leaders. Kasir age died at 544 hours and Ageryn at 528.

To my knowledge, I never wore any +age gear with any of them.

Kasir was granted at 268 hours.
Ageryn was granted at 306 hours.
Lithodora was granted at 196 hours.

That probably explains why Lithodora lasted the longest of the three.
126442, It's normal for a human.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looking at the graveyard, a lot of human leaders age-died pre-600 hours. I had about the same with Einrai, and he was granted very early (albeit he was ungranted later for becoming justiciar).
126452, I definitely
Posted by Gorach/Koob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked every interaction with Lithadora, from the very beginning with the 'sister/brother' misunderstanding, until the very last moment, about three hours before I con died. You were indeed, top notch, and I was happy to be on your side.
In our discussion about being gutsy or cowardly, it really depends on so many factors when to raid/defend... Mostly I use the 'if I can make a defense hard(er) for the raiders with a reasonable chance to get away' rule (yeah, that's my own one). It's also known as the 'If I can kill the enemy outer guardian in 4-5 times, with a decent chance of getting away'rule. That leaves a lot of interpretation in the grey zone - but becoming cannon fodder or wasting resources and not even accomplishing a minor slow down in a raid (or not advancing past 'a few scratches' from the first time) makes things useless in my view, really (most of the times in the two last cases, you also have a very decent chance at not getting away and thus dying). Still, it's difficult and in many cases a judgement call. Expect to be called out upon as well, from time to time.

Good luck, and hope to see you on the right/Good side :)
126453, RE: I definitely
Nah. I'm going "full Antone". Except I won't be as good at it.
126457, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Selionar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Phenomenal job! I wish the whole vampires making problems thing would have kept on going because I was looking forward to whooping up on them with you. Always tried to look after you after you were bitten in the city, felt like it was my fault walking the line of being city protector and Light protector. Will miss your presence and loved the fights we were able to do.
GLWYN
126427, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Lithodora Commeline the Striking Tempest, Godfather of Voralian City, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Tummel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Lithodora a lot. Well done. Already miss my godmother. The one silver lining is not having to constantly clean up all those pages from the guild. ;)

GLWYN
126425, Our encounters were few and limited, however...
Posted by Revax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think anyone, including me as an enemy, has a single bad thing to say about this character. From what I saw, and certainly from everything I heard from your other enemies, you were a strong foe and a straight class act. So I just wanted to reach out and say well done, you were respected by your enemies for sure.
126424, Wow... really well done
Posted by Yiralis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man you are going to be missed. Very well done Maran. Glad to have known you, and hope to see you back in the fields again.
126422, Top notch. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
126441, RE: Top notch. (nt)
Thanks! So, I didn't notice I had tumbling cutoff until I saw it in my PBF. Do you know if I got an echo at the time? Maybe I just missed it or something.

Cool that you picked an edge that meshed with my role.
126443, Echoes were there
http://www.carrionfields.net/gechoes.php
126446, He means an echo about getting tumbling cutoff.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
126447, One should spam edges command often NT
NT
126450, RE: Top notch. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You'd have seen the same message you see when you discuss the edge ("You nimbly tumble ahead of fleeing prey.") but that's it unless someone manually did something else.

At some point maybe I'll try to make it more obvious when an edge is set on someone.