Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectFarewells: Tribunal
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=125445&mesg_id=125483
125483, Farewells: Tribunal
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Being wanted wasn't an acceptable consequence, so if I wasn't 100% sure I would get away with breaking a law, I behaved like a model citizen. Besides, I sort of cultivated a reputation of lawfulness. Sometimes I would refuse to fight in the city, and tell the enemy that they need to fight me "outside". Then, much later, I would attack someone in the city when they assumed I would not. Because I'm eeeeeevil.

Also, I once made Tribs remove a wrong warrant by threatening them instead of pleading with them. Felt like a unique feat :)

Hitrilipimi -- It might sound odd, but I'm glad you got to see both sides of my character. Claiming I was being lawful out of respect to you was a lie, although Kowelu did truly respect you. P.S. I voted for you.
Quote for you: "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man." (Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear)

Kukuo -- Where did you get that silly idea that Heralds are not allowed to PK whoever they want? It's not fair because they can hide in the Inn? Coming from a Trib that's hilarious, and I never felt safe in the Inn anyway; in fact, unless there was a gathering, I barely sat there at all. That aside, I didn't really expect that effort from you to set things straight. Cheers.
Quote for you: "Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." (Attributed to Joseph Stalin)

Zarzithuul -- You weren't exactly predictable, and that's what made you dangerous. Sometimes I looked at you and saw myself, in a sense that I never knew if you were gonna be helpful or try to kill me.
Quote for you: "A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him." (Aesop)

Bromgrin -- I liked the opportunity you presented to me by placing that #### warrant :) Too bad we didn't get to fight even once before the big guys smoothed the conflict over.
Quote for you: "But that was civilisation, so far as Logen could tell. People with nothing better to do, dreaming up ways to make easy things difficult." (Joe Abercrombie, The Blade Itself)

Selionar -- I must've been a very frustrating enemy for you. Appreciate bringing it on. That one time I got to use swipe and it did something useful...
Quote for you: "Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker." (Frank Herbert)

Tepvrin -- At the moment of you-know-what my pen skill was like 75%. I'm just saying. I went and worked it up to 100 afterwards, because you showed me how it could be a great RP tool.
Quote for you: "Monsters are entirely mythological, sir, like spirits, werebeasts, and competent bureaucrats." (George R.R. Martin, Tuf Voyaging)