Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=120893
120893, (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jun 2 00:32:05 2014

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Corlx perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:816
121117, One handsome devil
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For you.

I was talking about Scritch, of course.
121119, RE: One handsome devil
Posted by Purmodin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww...that's sweet! Not enough ear hair, though!
121121, You're lucky you got any at all!
Scritch is mouse size too, if that's a Svirfneblin. Sorry, Scritch, wasn't thinking.
120921, From...
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... my young thief companion as Toktok to my herald mentor as Aglaron to my alcoholic advisor (I was that alcoholic Storm giant paladin that didn't know how exactly alcoholic flaw worked and we had to get Avram to put me to sleep to fix me.)... And lastly you were the guy that helped me understand Whysidan's relgion with Orenshil.

I always enjoyed our interaction and I tried always to interact with you in a new incarnation to see a different side of what Corlx had to offer.

An excessively emphatic GLWYN!!!!!
120922, RE: From...
Wow, somehow I never put those four together. Enjoyed all of them, even if Aglaron killed my rats every time we left the Inn, you bastard! Yeah, that night with the paladin was hilarious. Good thing I talked Arvam into making an appearance! I probably had enough gold to keep you going indefinitely, though...
120906, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Amatrysti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I applaud your very love able and successful character. We did nothing together but I still felt you were a friend to Ama. Thanks for playing and enriching the game
120919, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
You were one of the few folks I knew outside the Heralds towards the end. I outlived everybody! I win CF! You were always willing to chat and seemed a good fit for the acolytes. Keep it up!
120894, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Corlx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, damn. Knew it was coming, but still a shame. I had more fun with this character than any other in more than ten years of playing. I saw more, learned more an accomplished than I ever could have imagined. Thanks to everyone that did business, had a drink or a laugh, or shared an adventure with me. Even the couple of obvious grief ears kept it interesting. Thanks to the immortal for letting me keep all that gold after the crash. It added a lot of flavor to the character that wouldn't have been possible otherwise. If someone could pull up the actual number, that would be great, I don't think a lot of people believed me in game. Oh, and for the record, this character gave me a drinking problem. Playing drunk only works when you're role develops into an alcoholic. I think I said some pretty mean thins to Arvam. I regret nothing, Birdman!

Whiysdan- You were great. You are such a solid presence for the game and the Heralds. After interacting with you from my last characters standpoint, I knew I had to roll a follower, and it was more rewarding than I could have imagined. Sorry I never got to finish what we talked about, but I will email you when it is done. Saving me outside of aran'gird was a classy move, and began the legend of my luck. Beyond thanks.

Arvam- great fun in the quest to bring you back, and even more fun seeing what I could get away with making snide remarks about stealing Saersha. The good natured enmity between you and the Lucky Lord was a lot of fun. Thanks for the fireworks!

Neltouda- your no nonsense and tough attitude was always fun to watch...when it was directed at other people. Thanks playing along with the fireworks quest, and teaching me to bartender! Missed you a lot towards the end as I think both our play times fell off. Might have to try your religion in the future.

Saersha- not much to say that wasn't said in your thread, but it got really hard to keep going after you left.

Aster- still can't tell you my plans, a Kingpin has to keep his secrets. Still one of my favorite characters.

Dragon hunters- what fun! Damn every one of you that killed Tiamat without me.

Heralds- I enjoyed interacting with every last one of you. I tried to give you the tools and drive to go out and make Thera an exciting place. Most of you succeeded, and I am glad to have known all of you. Even you, Aeede, you friggin' weirdo!

Everyone else, too many to list or remember. Reply and I will answer.
120895, You lush!
I'm not terribly surprised that you were playing drunk, you were a great freaking drunk, but still... I am surprised! I don't think I could do it without zoning out. Bravo. It always made me laugh when I'd get on your case because we were about to attack something monsterous and you'd slur something out.

Sayto Corlx Are you drunk?!

Saersha wouldn't have lasted nearly as long if you weren't around. Funny thing was that I was Rauko too, and I deleted Saersha to play Rauko more, but I took a break after I deleted Saersha and lost the flow with that salty blaggard. Bonk self.

Corlx was fantastic from start to finish. I'm so glad we decided to take Galadon, all the scheming worked to build a solid foundation between the two that didn't really ever seem to get tested. I think a rift between the two after Arvam's return would have been great, but I was glad you didn't have the heart to implement it. I didn't either.

Who are you, by the way?
120896, RE: You lush!
I can't believe you never really noticed. The whiskey flowed freely in game and out! You have no idea how many times you brought things up I had no recollection of. Past herald was Linthalasas. Probably a decade or so more ago. I saw rauko around, don't think we really interacted much. Autocorrect on a tablet is horrible, by the way. You might be interested to know that it was a Scion that caused it. The irony is palpable!
120897, RE: You lush!
By the way, now I feel like a chump for playing one character all the way to age death, with no alternates, when I thought that was an achievement. Still disappointed, Saersha. Damn. I thought you were so cool...
120898, The devil you say!
I am so cool. You know that! Everyone knows that!

That is an achievement, I've only done it once. By the way, I was Maehayla, Purmodin was awesome too.
120901, RE: The devil you say!
Are you serious? Loved me some Maehayla! Now I feel like you are stalking me and I am
going to play Empire to get away from you!
120903, Dragon hunting with Nerplunket and Rydell
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always the best of times.

If you remember, I got inducted into herald the same time you did. :)

You got the half herald title because of something you said to something I said.. I think :)

GLWYN. Always satisfying to age die.
120904, RE: Dragon hunting with Nerplunket and Rydell
Nah, when I got raised to high herald, whiysdan asked what I wanted to be called...knee high herald just worked. Nerplunkt was a vague memory by then.
120905, RE: Dragon hunting with Nerplunket and Rydell
Rydell was huge in Corlx's life, though. Good times!
120909, RE: Dragon hunting with Nerplunket and Rydell
Posted by Warren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe I'm thinking of someone else then..

I know there was someone named half pint herald or something. Maybe that was it.

120907, Solid
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh, so solid.

Really enjoyed Corlx over multiple personalities. Great, great balance of a solid character and not stealing the stage from others. You and Saersha were integral for my breaks in between burning con and I much appreciate it. Thousands and thousands of your gold went to beggars and feeding hungry dogs. I can't believe there is a person left in Galadon or Hamsah Mu'tazz asking for money/food.

"Everyone else, too many to list or remember. Reply and I will answer."

Yet you mention Aster that died like 8 months ago?! Big compliment. Thanks :)
120918, RE: Solid
Giving three different paladins five hundred gold each and watching them fall all over each other trying to give it away was hilarious! You would have made a great Herald with Aster, and wish you would have stuck it out with the paladin. Still glad we got to have that last drink at Ceawlin before you died. Nothing but good things to say about Aster. I think I talked about you with every Acolyte I interacted with after you, using you as an example of what Corlx thought an Acolyte should be.
120908, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure you know how I felt about you, but...man, what a great character. You had Whiysdan religion nailed. I just absolutely loved all of our interactions and your fun, take it as it comes attitude. Well played on every, single account.

=w=
120911, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
Who was the immortal who fixed the healing sleep bug? That was a hilarious interaction, even though it was pretty much ooc. "Only your drunks, Whiysdan!" I laughed continuously for five minutes after that...good times...
120910, I will not miss the rats but I will miss the cognac
Posted by Deaerax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a wonderful character to interact with. From the beginning to the end. Also, drinking problems are only problems if you run out. I'm kidding. I started enjoying a little bit too much while running around with you too. Thanks for all the fun.
120912, RE: I will not miss the rats but I will miss the cognac
Sorry I couldn't help more with your vial quest. Real life reared it's ugly head, as it often does, but I really enjoyed watching your character play out. Good luck in in land!
120913, RE: I will not miss the rats but I will miss the cognac
And don't hate on Scritch! He was the best friend a Svirf ever had! Except for Saersha of course...
120920, Yes!
Posted by Saersha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In your face, Scritch! He was a talented rat, never did get him in that magic show.
120923, RE: Yes!
I think it's great that everyone thought we were such great Heralds. The one event I threw I didn't even show up for! Parties aren't everything I guess...
120924, Inn of the Eternal Procrastination /nt
And a bell was ringing in the village square for the Rrrabbits on the Rrrrruuunn! Band on the run!
120925, RE: Inn of the Eternal Procrastination /nt
It's a good thing you were smart and I was sociable. Together we almost made a full Herald. My whole existence was about making it fun for everyone. And screwing Imperials, of course. I had a tendency to have parties just form around me randomly, though. The Captain gave me a compliment on it once, then proceeded to scold me for not pushing the other Heralds to do more. Class act, our Cap'n!
120914, I looked for you to log in often
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a tremendous amount of fun with Corlyx as Ishuntal. From just talking about the ST to the whole Scion spy thing, your involvement made it extraordinarily fun.

Even when you didn't behave as I wanted in the spy story, it was still great because it caused me to have to be a little more reckless which ultimately turned out to be a positive thing.

Thanks for making it fun and memorable.
120917, RE: I looked for you to log in often
I really enjoyed Ishuntal! I was always wary of Villagers and Scions, given past experiences, and that was the reason for playing everything close to the chest. Sorry real life got in the way, going through a divorce, and there was the question of who got the computers. I ended up with the tablet, so I was hopping from laptop to laptop whenever I could, which made it difficult. Plus full time work, being a musician playing three to four times a week doesn't leave a lot of time for cf. I will be back, hopefully not as drunk this time...
120915, Fargin Half-pint
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What a glorious char to watch and interact with, which I did with several morts including my flighty first bard ever.
I lost count of the number of times I would bust out laughing behind the keyboard at all the shenanigans. Good times. Herald definitely should erect a statue of you somewhere, a small, short statue.
120916, RE: Fargin Half-pint
I prayed at your shrine a lot for a certain quests thing the Cap'n sent me on, but I guess you were playing your morts...I created this character for the sole purpose of trying to interact with everyone and try and show that this game can be ridiculously fun outside of pk. Kind of a reaction to all the forum craziness. Glad you enjoyed it, because I sure as hell did!
120992, Couldn't agree more...
Posted by Zlij on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... with the idea of a small statue of him at the Inn or Lyceum.

Corlx was, in my 10 years of CF, the most funny character I ever met. I can't tell how many times I laughed my belly beind my keyboard just watching him going. One of the biggest laugh was on the ride to Pyramid of Azhan: we finally made it to the entrance, we have the answer to the riddle, we say it and I enter the pyramid but Corlx is not there... he's so drunk that when he answered the riddle, the mummy didn't understand properly his answer and decided to send him in the middle of desert-maze to die!

Corlx was a genius to make out jokes from a situation or a conversation and I felt really lucky I had the chance to interact with such a character.

Thanks for everythin mate!

120928, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Corlx Splix the World's Strongest Rodentmancer, Knee-High Herald of the Eternal Star, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Keara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No more pedicures then?

Short and sweet: I loved the character, and wish my playtimes didn't change to the point that I rarely saw you (and Saersha) much over the last couple of months.

Great job, and best of luck with the next one, Shorty.