Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectI'm sorry, but I don't like this response.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=112539&mesg_id=112684
112684, I'm sorry, but I don't like this response.
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It makes Iunna look like a whiney child because someone didn't like her way and liked Baer's better. I am not Iunna's best friend, but I think I know her well enough to know this isn't all of it and probably in the scope of things is very small...very small.

I hope you will read this and hear what I'm saying, but I realize that this might be a futile effort. I do not believe I am alone in my feeling on this.

I feel like, and yes, I realize my feelings are subjective, that we get this kind of "I am the Great and Powerful Oz" vibe from you most of the time because we aren't good enough to know all of the secrets you know. We are told "not to look behind the curtain." That you take on a very dogmatic "This is how it is and that is it, stop asking" kind of attitude with the playerbase, but guess what man, most of your playerbase is getting older and we don't accept this kind of response anymore. I'll be honest and say that much of the time when I see your responses to things I say to myself "Why bother, he will just deny it is true, put down the poster in some semi intellectual way, or just completely ignore the issue. I say this to be productive, and not hurtful because in general I really do value all that you, and your wife do for this game, but people are right when they say her comments are snarky and mean on PBF's. I think Vlad gave a very good analogy to what the situation "could" be like and honestly I see your posts as being protective and defensive of your wife and they are an attempt to minimize that CF just lost one of its best RP immortals who has given a lot of value to the game. Not only that, but the response you gave makes Iunna look like a child because she didn't "get her way." I don't know how much power you have in the CF world, but could it possibly be that people take the approach that they aren't going to listen to the complaints of someone like Iunna because it might make you unhappy?

Maybe we should be setting a precedent that PBF comments should be constructive without tearing down the person. I realize that I have contributed little to this game in the way of ideas and other things, but I do know I've been donating since you have been asking for them, long before we did PBF. Maybe that shouldn't matter, but I've tried to contribute financially to this game because I don't have the patience to write an area and I've tried it three times. I've been in this game for nearly as long as you, and I wish you would believe me when I say that you come across very much the "My way or the highway" in your posts and that you do not come off as reasonable. You do it in a nicer way than folks like Valg though, so I give you credit there.