Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Shaendath Sergis the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Elder Maran
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=109949
109949, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Shaendath Sergis the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Elder Maran
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 26 06:31:46 2012

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Shaendath perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:417
109950, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Shaendath Sergis the Dai Sen...
Posted by Azidreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's been a blast. I started this character just to waste time, but then decided to go Fortress and kept going.

This was my first character since 2005 and my first non-shifter since 2001, so I was pretty rusty with the whole melee thing. I think I did pretty well at lower ranks but for the most part got eaten up at hero. But it was still a lot of fun.

Argivo: You got a role chapter because of the influence you had on me. Thanks for the patience.

Eachainn: Thanks for the induct and all of the special things you did with Shaendath to make him feel important. Great Captain.

Vallinane: Thanks for not giving me the boot. :) I know I screwed up your kills more ofthen than I helped you land them.

Other Forties: There are too many of you to try to remember, but most of you were great. I didn't get to know as many of the current crop as well as I should have, but there are some solid people, both Maran and Acolyte.

Enemies: Standouts are Eleagra, to whom I lost a bunch of con, Iepnier, Narissorin, and Xasivus. I didn't talk to you nearly as much as I should have. Next time I need to play a non-stealth class.

Baerinika: My last character was a Fort leader under Aarn and Shokai. I never thought that there would be a Fort IMM who could equal their presence. You were a fantastic Fort IMM, even to a non-follower. I'm sorry you get so much guff for rewarding/Maranation/doing-that-thing-you-do. Your influence made this character even more fun.

Last thing - I hate to sound like an old-timer, but at least at the hero level, NO ONE should be complaining about looting these days. I've never walked back to so many almost-full corpses with any other character. Spiked-toed boots? Yeah, I kept those through multiple deaths.
109952, That's a hell of a compliment!!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So, sincere thanks from the heart on that. It really means a lot.

I thought this character was all around good, though obviously you struggled at first in the PK area to get your feet under you. Later though I think you really got more comfortable with what you were doing and really shone.

So! Come back to the Fort. We lurve you there.
110047, super solid. unselfish. ray of sun
Posted by gjir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you were the best. I wish I could play with your nerve
I've been around since nintey six and enjoy seeing
someone who can truck. no matter the horsey.s
move way.
110048, No love for me?
Posted by Rindros on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I chewed through your con too!

I felt like you eventually figured out you weren't a good matchup against me, but that tripping worked well when you had a gang, since I was usually too lazy to use fly, or else intentionally let myself be lagged.
110055, Lots of love for you, sirrah!
Posted by Azidreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry that I forgot to mention you in the first place, but you (and Scree) did do a number on me. On the other hand, you were also one of the classiest enemies I had in terms of your RP. In those early hero days, I took fights without much prejudice, and you helped me learn a thing or two about fighting conjurers. :)

But didn't even lose two con points to you. Eleagra got almost four!

Hope to fight against you again sometime soon.

>I chewed through your con too!
>
>I felt like you eventually figured out you weren't a good
>matchup against me, but that tripping worked well when you had
>a gang, since I was usually too lazy to use fly, or else
>intentionally let myself be lagged.