Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Eachainn Ellysandr the Spearmaiden's Candle in the Dark, Captain of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=108997
108997, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Eachainn Ellysandr the Spearmaiden's Candle in the Dark, Captain of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 24 08:01:25 2012

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Eachainn perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:1009
109063, You were *SO* blatently OOC
Posted by Kiraava on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My ####ing gosh I'm so sad I had to reformat my computer and lose the log of me sleeping Tairneach, completely songing him up, you logging on and going to Voralia healer, he words, you shield him all the way while he fights and then you log off immediately.

That was just plain ####ing gross on your part. It was so bad even Twist called fishy when he looked at the log I emailed him. But I'm sure you just got a warning and got away with it.

Your speech was awful and you did ####ty things, raiding the Village when there wasn't even an evil inside during the war was when I decided you were just a ####bag playing a goodie elf. What good Fort elf would ever raid Battle no matter wtf is going on?
109073, Raiding Battle...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would. I totally would. Not only would I, but even as an elf paladin I would have raided the village given the right incentive. As Celebrimbor or Ahelun, their roles allowed for a lot of acts that wouldn't sit well with a lot of goodies, but were perfectly acceptable within the bounds of their roles.

Essentially, if you can justify it in your characters mind, your character can at least try and talk his way out of it if called on the carpet for it by an imm or cabal leader. ####, Celebrimbor took Outlanders and Tribunals item a few times if memory serves, and the justification for that should be even narrower than raiding Battle. They weren't even mages. An elf mage has a lot looser restrictions on their roleplay even. As an elf mage? #### I could easily justify raiding Battle.
109075, if he was raiding battle it was possibly because battle had the orb
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
just saying, there was a time where that was the case.
109008, Playing alts while your leader char idles?
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Mon Apr 23 21:55:40 2012 by 'Twist' at level 51 (981 hrs):
I've liked this character for a while, but I have to note how ensaddenated I am with how you're fizzling at the end. While playing alts. Sadpanda."

I thought Eachainn was an ok character. I interacted with you with both enemies and quasi-allies. I think one of the reasons people think Fort is over-rewarded is 6 hour PBF entries like these.

Thu Oct 13 13:18:06 2011 by 'An Immortal' at level 51 (511 hrs):
An Immortal added 1000 exp for: Nice work getting the item back from Empire

Fri Oct 14 13:17:23 2011 by 'An Immortal' at level 51 (517 hrs):
An Immortal added 500 exp for: Really smart idea to save Garwern after a teleport

I mean thats 1500xp for getting your item back and saving some guy who teleported? Just seems inconsistent is all.

Good job on hitting 1k hours, definitely a solid accomplishment. GLWYN.
109011, In a perfect world...
Posted by Eachainn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have just played him straight through to the age death.

There were weeks I put 40+ hours on Eachainn. From 7/4/11 when I rolled him til now is about 330 days? Contrary to the Death Angel's opinion Eachainn died at 1011 hours. So I averaged about 3 hours a day over his life.

Yeah leader chars shouldn't have alts, my excuse is it was damn hard to let a char that versatile and powerful go. Him being gone will literally change my day to day.

So put my shoes on before you sad panda me.

Also the Imm exp was great, but stretched over that many hours it doesn't seem out of line. Also, the raid comment did not detail the size or relative power of the force that Garwern, Vall & Eachainn rolled over nor the teleport Imm exp comment state Garwern's condition, time frame or other constraints of the situation. It was a slick save.

Thanks for the kudos.
109013, Regarding that save:
Posted by Garwern1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember that. Put simply, I was blind and super super super ####ed. I think I was forgotten too, and out of mana. I had used my only (visible) teleport potion to escape from Team Empire and was basically like 'Hey, can someone please be ready to locate my corpse?' and Eachainn had a freaking genius idea using a smooth combination of specific invoker locate and some other factors I won't mention because it's probably his individual trick.

I know I'm biased since I'm the one it saved, but I remember at the time being shell-shocked at how resourceful his maneuver was.
109014, RE: Playing alts while your leader char idles?
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's not a matter of going Fort. It's a matter of being religious.

I didn't realize how much that helped you stand out until I IMM'd. Trust me, Eachainn could have become Fort leader, killed Tiamat, dominated his range, and earned the love and affection of Diablo refugees nationwide -- and may have flown beneath the IMM-radar. In order to get attention, you have to seek it in a productive, non-clingy way :)
108998, Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice...
I think it'll be the chain lightning that gets us.

Great ride.
Thank you:
Baerinika - for the love and for the freedom.
Twist - for the Twist's mort's contest love, though I was hoping for improved pan-handling.
Whiysdan - for letting me back in the Inn in exchange for pie.
Vallinane - for being the guy that had the same login times and the will to play a combo that should have been a punching bag and wasn't. We did ridiculous things. I missed you when you were gone man.
Illanthos - best healer I've ever played with, come back around.
Garwern - you made me lazy. Hounding foes separately til they logged out from exhaustion was fun for us, if not for them.
Shaendath & Argivo - watching you guys improve was fun, next go round you'll be cold blooded killers.
Teriseta - You should have told me you were bored before you deleted!
Vozmuir - you were a beast, not talking about gear to enemies at all is usually the way to go though I think.
Ghuanrrak - best of the Sunwarden's I ran with.
Yantha - thanks for doing a good job of being a law dog without being a prick about it.

Thanks to the imms for making the game what it is.

Much love.
108999, This happened.
<1148hp 648m 1082mv 12 PM outdoor> l
High Above the Place You Don't Know Where it Is
In the air, the view is breathtaking. You can
see for miles. Far below, the Shadow Grove stretches, hazy and dark. Beyond,
you can see the Feanwyyn Weald, with its lighter, healthier trees. The
Elemental Temple is short compared to the one you fly above, and you can even
spot the rubble that was once Dragon Tower. Below you, the gray expanse of
stone extends, its elaborately scrolled
stonework chipped here and there from both time and the beasts that have
made their home here. Overhead, clouds float lazily in the sky and
everything seems amazingly peaceful, except for the intense battle you had
to fight to arrive at this high up spot.

The buildings around you roar with the fury of several wildly blazing fires!

The bludgeoned corpse of Tiamat lies here.
( 6) A large pool of fresh blood has been trampled somewhat by the passage of many feet.
A hint of ozone lingers in the air around the blackened corpse of the cloud acolyte of white.
(Burning) (White Aura) Illanthos is here.
(Burning) (Pink Aura) (White Aura) Argivo is here.
(Pink Aura) Sava is here.
(White Aura) Vaellron is here.
(White Aura) Vozmuir is here.
109000, Very solid character, from my limited experience.
Posted by Solec of WillowWood on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw you as a very formiddable advesary. I think we might have travelled once or twice. I'm not too sure. Raiding against and fighting you was pretty much pointless when it came to solo combat. Neither of us could kill eachother.

Awesome chaotic writing above. Very well played elvish invoker.
109002, Uh, wow, cool to see you go all the way!
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You may not remember the character, but I enjoyed having you around a lot, with Iliandar (I wouldn't blame you if you did, I hardly remember myself. Apparently I already deleted him mid-september ... uh).

You must have way more endurance than I do, to play a character that long. Or perhaps you're less creative, ha! ;)

-Iliandar, failed Healer attempt from way back
109004, We never did get to try that wand..
Posted by Maravon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On that hidden door...
109005, Its got to be a red herring.
Wish we'd gotten to run together more. You rocked.
109009, Loved you. So much.
From the water logged boots to the ruthless hunting you were an exceptional character. All the best.
109012, You too.
It was mostly like we were in each other's heads. We had a perfect storm there for awhile. Heres hoping one rolls in again.
109015, Not trying to jack your thread, but dammit baer talking heads did the original
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
million times better :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVrVY540xdc&feature=related

*edited 3 times to find the best version
109021, A MILLION times better than Shawn Colvin?
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Impossible.

But I'll have to listen to it tonight to be sure.
109024, Aw you know I lurved you.
My sweet, militant curmudgeon.

I got seriously spoiled over the last year having you and Vall. When you were on, items were in their place, people got gear, xp, RP, all of it done with a seriously impressive sense of competence. You had the perfect hard ass Maran mentality and I was completely refreshed by the fact that you wouldn't take #### from anyone. I was also endlessly amused every time some neutral (usually battle) would call you a coward because you wouldn't fight them. Mad respect for not taking those PK fights because they were there.

I know you'll be back in the Fort, and I hope back to my religion.
109030, I can't help but think you may have had on some rose colored glasses
Disclaimer: Eachinnen was a great leader of fort, a well played character, and very skilled invoker.

"You had the perfect hard ass Maran mentality and I was completely refreshed by the fact that you wouldn't take #### from anyone. I was also endlessly amused every time some neutral (usually battle) would call you a coward because you wouldn't fight them. Mad respect for not taking those PK fights because they were there."

1.) Courage is being able to stand up and fight in the tough spots or as Eachinnen communicated to Krunk, "Well done on actually fighting a foe that was tough for you"
2.) When you act with courage by fighting foes/situations that are tough for you, you fail time to time (if you don't fail often it wasn't tough)
3.) 24 PK deaths in 1,000 hours means he failed 1 time approximatly every 41 hours of game play.

In conclusion, Eachinnen was tough but obviously didn't engage in a lot of true tough situations and therefore did not display courage.

As a neutral villager I tried to get him to fight. He would fight when both a goodie was in danger and his risk level was low (I am sure valliane loved eating all those deaths after his words at 90% HP). Now it is true that even super prepped invokers were little more the laughable speed bumps for that build(I had so much spell damage reduction they just couldn't hurt me fast enough). But it was obvious that Eachinnen was more driven to not lose then to win. Is that good/bad is a decision everyone can make for themselves but the claims of neutral people that Eachinnen displayed cowardice toward them is an accurate statement.

Also saying he didn't take #### from anyone but didn't take fights with neutrals is somewhat contradictory because neutrals are sombody's at least in my case (Ganicus) he took a LOT of #### and just swallowed it and did not change his behavior to adapt to it.
109032, RE: I can't help but think you may have had on some rose colored glasses
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel like you're glossing over the fact that he's not actually supposed to kill you.
109034, umm
So if you are killing fort members is that a time when a fort leader should be trying to kill you? If you are a neutral that is obviously (because they told you and the victim) they are attacking fort members for the express reason of getting you to stand up and fight is that a time they should be getting involved?

And do you agree/diagree that courage is defined as
1.) Taking on tough situations for you
and that a tough situation is defined as
2.) a situation where you have a reasonably high chance for failure
and that someone who is consistanly showing courage
3.) Would likely end up failing more often than once every 40 hours
109036, You like hitting things with an axe too much
Courage is many many things. Not all of them violent, suicidal, or bloody.

In this instance, it took (imho) a lot of courage and strength to look at someone neutral and back away from the fight.
109038, RE: umm
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>So if you are killing fort members is that a time when a fort
>leader should be trying to kill you?

Maybe yes, maybe no.

The way I usually play Fort mage I'd pretty much be trying to run neutral Battle out of CON, but I don't think that's the only correct way to play it.

>If you are a neutral
>that is obviously (because they told you and the victim) they
>are attacking fort members for the express reason of getting
>you to stand up and fight is that a time they should be
>getting involved?

That's pretty much the worst possible time to try to kill you, because it's letting you have your way. It's the equivalent of negotiating with terrorists.
109065, G/N/E
>If you are a neutral
>that is obviously (because they told you and the victim) they
>are attacking fort members for the express reason of getting
>you to stand up and fight is that a time they should be
>getting involved?

** That's pretty much the worst possible time to try to kill you, because it's letting you have your way. It's the equivalent of negotiating with terrorists. **

To me that sounds exactly how a neutral should perceive the situation. The problem with being goody is you can't sacrifice innocents for the better of the long term, otherwise it would be totally kosher for fort goodies to do the hell circle transitions.

Goodie hates terrorists but has to try and save the innocents
Neutral sacrifices the few for the good of the whole
Evil laughs at someone for thingking they would care

109077, RE: G/N/E
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So... lets not question the poor form of attacking non-magi in an attempt to bait out magi, as a neutral Villager?

Goodies dont always need to be an impulsive save-all-the-puppies sort of guy.

Eachainn: Fun times were had. Together, we were an unstoppable force paired with an immovable object.
109039, RE: umm
Granted, I'm really biased and am clearly pro-Eachainn, but I think as Ganicus you really shouldn't be throwing stones.

Your RP (IMO) was questionable in how you went about getting Eachainn to fight you, and for a 'prideful warrior who is out to prove he is the strongest', you sure didn't mess with Garwern or any of the other less-squishy Forties too much. You'd stun and try for a pincer + DB combo if you thought sanc would run out, but really you only went after Forties you knew you could kill (and quickly) in an attempt to anger Eachainn.

One time in particular stands out where you were waiting at the Maran and being a general nuisance, fighting any Fortie who stepped outside...until I stepped outside, then you went from pincer 1. to yelling at me about protecting a mage.

Just some food for thought.
109037, I'll agree to disagree.
You wanted to dictate Eachainn's actions. He wouldn't let you. You found it irritating. I'm fine with that.

The people you killed trying to get Eachainn to fight you were instructed to stay the hell away from you. The fact that they chose not to is on them.

I'm pretty sure you're on Eachainn's PK Win list at least twice, you were a beast, it took gangs to get you.

If you want examples of Eachainn's courage see:
- taking on Tavlin/Cotzibue/Tzaritzawah solo
- raiding the chasm against Tavlin and two others with Garwern and Llarllin (died in that one, damn ghoul paralysis)
- hunting Tzaritzawah & Eleagra solo and actually putting Eleagra down

There are more but those make my point.

Eachainn only died 24 times and more importantly only had 99 pks because there weren't that many evils to fight.
109026, Stupid elf....
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really wish our playtimes matched up more often, especially since Krunk died like a chump both (I think it was just two) times we actually met. I don't know why he suicided on you with iron weapons when I knew you would have SoE up, but apparently Krunk had reasons of his own.

Thank you for relieving Krunk of strange bracers. They were, in all seriousness, putting a real cramp on his lifestyle. Wish I could have gotten you back, but it is what it is and you can't win them all.
109028, The dark fire will not avail you, you can not pass! aka quicksand.
As a foe I liked Krunk, he came off as evil, demented and corrupt without being an arse.

Without exception orcs had a hard time against Eachainn. There were instances I did make a conscious decision not to multi-kill with Eachainn, the exception being when someone decided they were going to raid again when I had just killed them. I had to pull in the reigns like that several times with you :P

If you want to beat an invoker with an orc you can either catch them the one out of every 18 ticks or so that they're reshielding or come on them unawares, mess up their parry and not hit them with metal weapons.

I'll clean up and post a few of the orc kill logs I kept.

Well done on actually fighting a foe that was tough for you. Keep doing that, most folks these days won't full/multi you for it.
109043, Should have been that exception...
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In fact, I'd be fairly surprised if Krunk has died more to invokers than he has killed. To be fair some of those were sad excuses for invokers, but while invoker is a tough fight for Krunk, it generally isn't an unwinnable one. The fact that I put forth such a pitiful effort the couple of times we were online at the same time is a sad fact I'll never get to rectify with Krunk.

I don't believe you ever had a reason to multi-kill Krunk, and generally raiding fort is too painful to even attempt as an orc, so I think you might be mis-remembering there.

Invoker vs. Orc isn't as lopsided as you think IMHO, but then I did little to demonstrate that vs Eachain
109044, Good points. I don't disagree with any of them.

<1018hp 961m 341mv 12 AM outdoor> People near you:
(PK) Krunk An Ambush on The Southern Tir'Talath Road
(PK) Kagash An Ambush on The Southern Tir'Talath Road
(PK) Eachainn The Southern Tir'Talath Road

<1018hp 961m 341mv 12 AM outdoor> n
The Southern Tir'Talath Road

<1018hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor> Krunk has arrived.
An enormous giant has arrived.
Kagash has arrived.
An enormous orc has arrived.

<1018hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
Swinging a drake-scaled flail named, 'Crimson Slumber' in a wide arc, Krunk wraps it about you as he charges!
Krunk's rush grazes you.
Krunk's rush pushes you into The Southern Tir'Talath Road!

(Red Aura) Krunk is here, fighting YOU!
Krunk is in perfect health.

<1010hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
You fade into existence.
Krunk dodges your crushing force.
You parry Krunk's black light.
Krunk's poisonous bite scratches you.
Krunk is in perfect health.

<1006hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor> dm

You fade into existence.
Krunk parries your crushing force.
Your crushing force MUTILATES Krunk!
Krunk's black light hits you.
Krunk has a few scratches.

<995hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
Krunk entangles your feet and sends you to the ground!
As you fall, Krunk looms over you, jeering and snarling!
Krunk's lash scratches you.

<993hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
You fade into existence.
Krunk's black light misses you.
Krunk's poisonous bite hits you.

<983hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
Kagash has arrived.
An enormous orc has arrived.

<983hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
You fade into existence.
Your crushing force EVISCERATES Krunk!

<974hp 961m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
Kagash twists an ornate bone club named 'Khalghaver's Bane' awkwardly as he tugs at it.
Kagash's grappling attempt grazes you.
The magic of the detect invis spell unravels.
The magic of the protection from good spell unravels.
The magic of the fly spell unravels.
Krunk slowly floats to the ground.

<968hp 946m 340mv 12 AM outdoor>
You are now passive to your target.
Krunk lashes at your feet with a drake-scaled flail named, 'Crimson Slumber'!
Krunk's lash misses you.

<968hp 946m 340mv 12 AM outdoor> fle
You fade into existence.
Your crushing force EVISCERATES Krunk!
Krunk's black light grazes you.
You parry Krunk's poisonous bite.
You parry Krunk's poisonous bite.
Kagash's defilement hits you.
Kagash's poisonous bite hits you.
Sparks fly as an unholy axe named 'Venom' strikes your shield of electricity.
Poison creeps into your body from an unholy axe named 'Venom'.
You feel very sick.
eKagash's poisonous bite hits you.
An enormous orc screams and attacks you!
You drive an enormous orc's cleave back with your connecting blow.
You parry an enormous orc's cleave and retaliate with lightning quickness!
You fade into existence.
Your crushing force EVISCERATES an enormous orc!
Krunk has some small but disgusting cuts.

<931hp 946m 340mv 12 AM outdoor> e
Krunk spews a disgusting glob of spit, which narrowly misses you!
The Open Plains

A small rodent pokes its head out of a hole in the ground.
You flee from combat!

<931hp 946m 338mv 12 AM outdoor> scan e
You scan east.
***** Range 1 *****
(Red Aura) Waving his axe victoriously, an enormous orc stands over a disembowled corpse.
(Red Aura) Kagash is here.
(Red Aura) Krunk is here.

<931hp 946m 338mv 12 AM outdoor> e;qs
someone: Congratulations Quelryn!

(Red Aura) Waving his axe victoriously, an enormous orc stands over a disembowled corpse.
(Red Aura) Kagash is here.
(Red Aura) Krunk is here.

<931hp 946m 335mv 12 AM outdoor>
Krunk gets a potion of flight from a floating chest.
You convert the ground before you into quicksand.
Krunk yells 'Help! I'm sinking in quicksand!'

<931hp 826m 335mv 12 AM outdoor>
You shiver and suffer.
You fade into existence.
Your poison grazes you.
Kagash slowly floats to the ground.
Kagash yells 'Help! I'm sinking in quicksand!'

<926hp 938m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
Quelryon: Thank you.

Krunk drinks a potion of flight.
Krunk's feet rise off the ground.

Mochodin: Well done.

<926hp 938m 391mv 1 AM outdoor> dm krunk
Krunk yells 'Help someone is attacking me!'
The magic of the fly spell unravels.
Krunk slowly floats to the ground.
Krunk yells 'Help! I'm sinking in quicksand!'
The magic of the quicksand spell is unaffected.
Krunk grazes you.

<921hp 923m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
Kagash lunges at you, grabbing for the calcified eye of a cyclops!
Kagash tries to grapple the calcified eye of a cyclops with his teeth, but he fails entirely, bludgeoning himself!
Kagash's grappling MASSACRES him!

<921hp 923m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
You fade into existence.
Krunk's black light grazes you.
Your shield of electricity reacts violently to Krunk's attack!
You fade into existence.
Your shield of electricity <<< ERADICATES >>> Krunk!
Krunk's black light is obstructed by a pair of delicate silver gloves.
Krunk is covered with bleeding wounds.

<904hp 923m 391mv 1 AM outdoor> pi
You invoke pillars of lightning to strike the area.
An enormous orc yells 'Die, Eachainn, you sorcerous dog!'
Your pillar of lightning === OBLITERATES === an enormous orc!
Kagash yells 'Die, Eachainn, you sorcerous dog!'
As an ornate bone club named 'Khalghaver's Bane' strikes a stinking, rotting carcass of a moose, a squishy, moist mass sprays outwards!
Kagash's spray of decaying flesh grazes you.
Your pillar of lightning === OBLITERATES === Kagash!
Your pillar of lightning *** DEMOLISHES *** Krunk!

<897hp 883m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
You parry an enormous orc's cleave.
You fade into existence.
You stop Krunk's black light just before it reaches you.
You parry Kagash's defilement.

<887hp 883m 391mv 1 AM outdoor> !
In the heat of battle, Krunk explodes into a berserker's rage!
An enormous orc's cleave grazes you.
An enormous orc's cleave hits you.
Sparks fly as a gargantuan axe named 'Iron Flame' strikes your shield of electricity.
You fade into existence.
Your crushing force maims Krunk!
Kagash's defilement grazes you.
Sparks fly as a crude blade with a hook on the end strikes your shield of electricity.

<832hp 883m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
Kagash lunges at you, grabbing for the calcified eye of a cyclops!
Kagash grapples the calcified eye of a cyclops with his teeth and yanks it from your grasp!
Kagash's grappling decimates him!

<832hp 883m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
Someone falls into quicksand and begins to sink!
Someone yells 'Help! I'm sinking in quicksand!'
Shaendath steps out of the shadows.

<832hp 883m 391mv 1 AM outdoor> You invoke pillars of lightning to strike the area.
You hear the sizzling pop of electrical arcs raging across an enormous orc!
You fade into existence.
Your pillar of lightning does UNSPEAKABLE things to an enormous orc!
Your pillar of lightning MANGLES Kagash!
Your pillar of lightning *** DEMOLISHES *** Krunk!
Arcs of electricity surge over an enormous orc's body!
An enormous orc's arcing lightning hits him.
Krunk is gushing blood.

<832hp 843m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
You fade into existence.
You fade into existence.
Your shield of electricity <<< ERADICATES >>> Krunk!
Krunk's animal stare doesn't flinch, and a disturbing grin creeps onto his lip!
Krunk's black light injures you.
Your shield of electricity >>> ANNIHILATES <<< Krunk!
Krunk is DEAD!!
You land the killing blow against Krunk.
Krunk's hands are sliced from his dead body.
Your shield of electricity === OBLITERATES === an enormous orc!
Your shield of electricity DISMEMBERS Kagash!
Your shield of electricity === OBLITERATES === an enormous orc!
As an ornate bone club named 'Khalghaver's Bane' strikes a stinking, rotting carcass of a moose, a squishy, moist mass sprays outwards!
Kagash's spray of decaying flesh grazes you.
Your shield of electricity === OBLITERATES === Kagash!
Kagash's poisonous bite injures you.
An enormous orc is convulsing on the ground.

<748hp 843m 391mv 1 AM outdoor> !

You parry an enormous orc's cleave.
You fade into existence.
Kagash's defilement hits you.
Kagash's poisonous bite misses you.

<717hp 843m 391mv 1 AM outdoor>
You no longer resist blows.
You shiver and suffer.
You fade into existence.
Your poison grazes you.

<711hp 882m 447mv 2 AM outdoor>
Arcs of electricity surge over an enormous orc's body!
An enormous orc's arcing lightning grazes him.

<711hp 882m 447mv 2 AM outdoor>
Kagash attempts to break your spine over his knee, but he fails!
Kagash's spinebreaker misses you.
An enormous orc's kick grazes you.

<706hp 882m 447mv 2 AM outdoor>
Kagash yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Shaendath!'
Shaendath's searing light MANGLES Kagash!

<706hp 882m 447mv 2 AM outdoor> You invoke pillars of lightning to strike the area.
Your pillar of lightning === OBLITERATES === an enormous orc!
An enormous orc is DEAD!!
You receive 0 experience points (35% bonus).
An enormous orc's feet are sliced from his dead body.
A gargantuan axe named 'Iron Flame''s illusion is broken and fades away.
You see nothing like that in the corpse.
Your pillar of lightning === OBLITERATES === Kagash!
You fade into existence.
Kagash absorbs the force of your crushing force with black battle mail.
Shaendath's searing light DISMEMBERS Kagash!
Shaendath's punch EVISCERATES Kagash!
Kagash is convulsing on the ground.

<683hp 842m 447mv 2 AM outdoor> pi
With a series of short and powerful leaps, Shaendath delivers powerful rising crescent kicks to his foes!
Like a rising phoenix, Shaendath's powerful kicks streak through the air towards Kagash!
Shaendath's rising phoenix kick MANGLES Kagash!
You fade into existence.
Kagash parries your crushing force.
Shaendath's searing light DISMEMBERS Kagash!
Kagash's defilement injures you.
Kagash is convulsing on the ground.

<654hp 842m 447mv 2 AM outdoor>
You fade into existence.
Your crushing force MUTILATES Kagash!
Kagash is incapacitated and will slowly die, if not aided.
Shaendath's searing light MANGLES Kagash!
Kagash is DEAD!!
You assist Shaendath in the death of Kagash.
Kagash's leg is sliced from his dead body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

109027, My Captain
Posted by Shaendath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry I couldn't stay on long enough to see your age-death. I can't thank you enough for all of your patience, advice, and presence. Letting me in on little secrets, like taking me to collect your barrier rod, really bolstered some of the low-points of my character. It may take more than the next go to reach that "cold blooded killer" prediction, but at least I don't die like a chump as much as I used to. :P Thanks again.
109031, RE: Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice...
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for following through on your part of the deal (unlike some other, unnamed thief!), it was a lot of fun. Best of luck on whatever is next!

=w=
109041, Sorry about deleting Teriseta
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fort was just so overhwelmingly powerful at the time that after playing Allysia I really did not want to be the in power side again. And especially with the whole battle/fort war- I had just finished fighting villagers all the time with my last char- it just got a little to deja vu for me and so I pulled the plug. I knew full well what bard + invoker equals for enemies after Allysia, doing it again would have only thinned out what few evils there actually were even further.

You were pretty awesome though. And I certainly respected the whole only going after evils approach you took when I was playing Allysia. It doesn't generate high pk numbers, but I've always said there is a lot more to CF than PK counts.

And damn you for beating my hours total! :)
109042, HEY CAPPY, I LOVE YOU
Posted by Vallinane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Taking precious time out of my frantic scramble for finals/job search/move out to write this.

I loved Eachainn like a brother and seeing him always, always cheered me up. Vall was totally, TOTALLY a punching bag, but Eachainn being logged in always made me happy because I'd be far less of one when I had invoker shields.

Binder/invoker is an incredibly interesting combo. I like to think we were pretty difficult to handle together, even with my subpar race/build design, but some people (goddamn mummies) walked straight through us. On the other hand, certain otherwise fairly unkillable people were very killable when we got the right setup, and most people who weren't immune to garrotte were really easy to bully. We had some beautiful teamwok going.

It got to the point that I actually felt a guilty logging on Vallinane when the fort power swing was in full bloom, because I knew that if you were on at the same time, most of our enemies would log off (not that I would blame them - I wouldn't have much fun playing against our combo, either). And the enemies who had the balls to not log off, and to deal with our combo were probably the ones I least wanted to roll over with you. It got to the point where I was deliberately retreating to Baer's shrine or to the inn or to our applicants to look for RP, because I felt bad for the people we were fighting - they would have to ping-pong from one desperate battle to the next, and you were already overpowering enough. Throwing a binder into the mix would just be unfair.

It was great running with you, one of my favorite CF experiences to date. I actually felt like you were deliberately being a hardass to forties in order to push me to take the good cop role, like the fluffy piece of fluffz0r that I am.

It was also really interesting because sometimes we'd swap positions, and you'd take the fluffy peace-loving line and I'd take the hardass maran kill 'em all line (mostly about nexus and battle). I felt like we were an excellent example in how opposing ideas and personalities in the Fortress still managed to align themselves and work together to create a greater whole.

Anyway, Eachainn was superb and was one of the biggest reasons I pushed Vall past 800 hours.

P.S. Fudging twist, gives the elf invoker pits that do unspeaks while he gives the elf thief improved panhandling.

P.P.S. Chain lightning was the coolest ####ing thing I've seen in a long time.
109045, Love you too Bro. It was a blast.

***Vall, Eachainn and poor poor Gralnath***

<1018hp 1093m 521mv 11 AM outdoor>
You follow Vallinane north.
The Gates of the Palace

A steaming pile of the Imperial Vanquisher's entrails is lying here.
A large werewolf cookie lies here decoratively iced.
A tender leg of fine meat lies here.
(Translucent) Vallinane is here, a light mist blurring his visage.
Gralnath is resting here.

<1018hp 1093m 520mv 11 AM indoor>
Gralnath scans north.

<1018hp 1093m 520mv 11 AM indoor>
Gralnath yells 'Help someone is attacking me!'
You weave your spell with the precision of a true master of Fire.
Softly chanting, you lightly touch Gralnath and will him to burn.
You fade into existence.
Your immolation *** DEMOLISHES *** Gralnath!
Vallinane trips Gralnath, sending him to the ground.
Vallinane's trip grazes Gralnath.
Vallinane kicks Gralnath while he's down!
Vallinane's vicious attack wounds Gralnath.
Gralnath yells 'Help! Vallinane tried to trip me!'
Gralnath is covered with bleeding wounds.

<1018hp 999m 520mv 11 AM indoor>
You fade into existence.
Gralnath parries your crushing force.
Gralnath's cleave decimates you!
Gralnath's frigid chop is powerless against you.
Gralnath is covered with bleeding wounds.

<990hp 1066m 576mv 12 PM indoor> nova
Gralnath is seared by the blistering heat of your spell.
The power of your nova ignites Gralnath!
You fade into existence.
Your nova does UNSPEAKABLE things to Gralnath!
Gralnath is DEAD!!
You land the killing blow against Gralnath.

<990hp 1040m 576mv 12 PM indoor>
Vallinane laughs heartily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

109059, What's your handle? Give us a name!~
Posted by blackbird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
109067, Wow, all I can say is Wow
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And sorry for the deletes. I was there when Each was born pretty much, being the one that inducted you. The character progression that I saw through my subsequent characters as both enemy, fortie, and non-enemy was phenomenal. You went from a mild mannered, young fortie, to a powerhouse that most people respected if not full out feared. Then with Quel that time going after the Matron of the house and with Baer, was special for me. Watching your last breaths with my current was just as special. I can only hope that one day, I can do something kind of close to what you accomplished here.

Well done!.
109080, Very good character.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the four times you helped me level characters and that was awesome how you made all squires keep potions with them. GLWYN