Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectWon't miss you either....
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106275&mesg_id=106291
106291, Won't miss you either....
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was tempted to make the body of this post *ignore* since that would sum up our entire IC interaction, but instead I'll offer some advice like I did to Arngrum. First, if you are going to ignore evils (which I assume is the RP driven case here), fine. But don't talk #### first, then turn on ignore. That isn't RP, that's being a #### and then refusing to deal with the RP consequences of that choice.

Second, if you have champion's stand, the trick to killing folks is to trick them into thinking you aren't using it. Standing stock still and refusing to move one room away, isn't going to do it. Spamming wrath after the first bash isn't going to do it. If, for instance, you are fighting a character (like an orc) with little in the way of direct damage skills who has to kill you via lag, you want to convince the crap out of them that not only can you be lagged, but are being lagged.... right up until they are lagging themselves enough to kill them with a couple of wraths in a row when they think you are lagged.

It looks like from logs you were willing to put yourself at risk to retrive, but Krunk's experience was that you wouldn't take any chances at all (meaning always champ stand, word if lost shield or fight turned at all, etc...) I don't know if that was an IC choice or not, but I believe you called Krunk a coward at some point for avoiding you , which seemed silly, since the only one taking a risk in any engagement was him, and he's an orc... Anyway, just some thoughts.