Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectOh yeah. Unicorns.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=102897&mesg_id=102914
102914, Oh yeah. Unicorns.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People didn't seem to understand a few things about necros, and zombies in particular, that I meant to clear up with my goodbye post.

1. You can generally pick up an embalmed corpse that is from a mob that was human sized or smaller. They typically weigh about 45 pounds. Then you can identify the corpse. That tells you what level it is.

2. Zombie power is based SOLELY ON THE LEVEL OF THE CORPSE. The factors that change are number of hp and dam/hitrolls. Maybe other things like saves I'm not sure, but definitely the first two. So a corpse from a level 63 unicorn is always better than a corpse from a level 57 Elite Storm Giant. Even though the giant's zombie is a size larger. (Unless you take things like parry/dodge/etc. maybe being affected by size).

Personally I liked human-size zombies because the giant ones kept failing to follow me through human-sized doors like on the way to the Village. :P

3. You can stick embalmed corpses into a container if it is big enough and you can carry the weight. These corpses remain with you through logout/login (as does anything embalmed) with the timer at the same point as when you logged out.

4. If you're REALLY quick, you can login, get 3.corpse girdle, drop corpse, c 'animate dead' corpse, and then do the 2.corpse 24 ticks later, and then do the 1.corpse 24 ticks after that, JUST before it crumbles.

5. Items 3 and 4 above meant that when I logged in, while everyone hunting me went straight to HLK, I calmly made a lesser/greater undead and zombie and started doing what needed done. Then I'd make another zombie, THEN head to HLK. Sometimes. I tried to mix it up.