Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectWell -
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100197&mesg_id=100570
100570, Well -
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I had a few Maran when I played and that to me goes against
>everything the Maran stand for.
>
>Not reading into everything else Mharlndarn is saying but I
>agree with him that blasting neutral children mobs to try and
>kill evil guy I thought is spelled out as "Don't become so
>thirsty for the death of the wicked that you become one
>yourself". Rhone was Marshall too? To me thats taking the easy
>way out by saying "Well I have RP that explains why it's ok".
>But please realize the Fort mortal leaders have been Athioles
>and Rhone lately who both ganged like crazy and exhibited
>behavior repeatedly killing neutrals etc.
>
>

Rhone had 142 PKs, and only 12 of those were neutral. None were good align. That means 92% of his PKs were evil-doers. Personally, I think that is an impressive ratio and demonstrates I didn't go "crazy" while "repeatedly killing neutrals." It's not as though I could not have PKd 130 more neutral PCs and another 130 goodie PCs - but I didn't do it precisely because I agree with you that a Maran good align should not be gratuitously slaughtering everything that moves.

Basically, if Rhone had cut down Lightwalkers to kill Mhadlarn, I'd agree with you. Because Lightwalkers are innocent, and may not be slaughtered under any circumstances (I'd even say good align Outlanders wantonly killing good align cabal enemies should have their align lowered - because what's the point of being good align if that's how you play it). But these were not innocents, they were neutral mobs. And I think it takes a certain level of neutral-mob slaughter to raise align issues which a situation like this does not come close to reaching.

I don't know what more to say about it, but I'm happy to participate in a thread on Gameplay re: it.