Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Premium Battlefield
Topic subjectUlthinius's Role Chapter 2
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=31&topic_id=9716&mesg_id=9727
9727, Ulthinius's Role Chapter 2
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Role

Chapter 2

The Meditationis
Added Sat Jan 28 17:36:02 2006 at level 35:

"I find the village suits me well, though my uncle would be most ashamed of my
living conditions. This place reminds me more of my father and brothers, I am not
at peace, but I find this place sates both my anger and uncertainty. I am meant to
be here, and was spared for a reason. While it seems the drow are to be forever
surrounded by fools, I can at least partially relate to the others within these
fortifications. I find I must catch myself not to use the crude speech and wanton
slang of my compatriots, I wonder if I shall forget my education in speech and
manners while surrounded by these barbarians. I must say I despise the
drunkenness I feel is rampant amongst the villagers, should I ever be in a position
of respect, that will surely stop."

"I have decided not to build a hut amongst my fellow battleragers. I have taken to
the vale just north of the village proper. There I have carved my initials under a
provide good shade on hot days. I feel very at home in the vale, as though the
spirits of my father and brothers are close at hand. There is also excellent hunting
in the vale. I have killed many deer, which Grime uses to make venison sides for
sale. Though he does something to them that nearly ruins the meat, perhaps that is
why they do not rot. There are also wolves and a few bears. I have killed only
four of the wolves, and have been hunting one of the bears for nearly five years
now. He is a great and ancient beast. He stands easily ten feet in height. His
massive head and paws remind me of the bear I slew many years ago, the one
which nearly opened me up. I gave him a great scar across his left should in one of
our battle, but lost his trail in a dense part of the forest. It will be a great kill,
worthy of story and song."

"Of my comrades, I have the most respect for Lerimos, if only he would realize
that drow, and not arials are the pinnacle of the gods' creation. Also, the cloud
giant Dolza, an able warrior, and knows his place. I believe Muriont as well will
prove a good and useful ally. Perhaps I relate more to the giants because the
culture of their kind is similar to that of my father and brothers. I believe Kaisse,
the commander of this motley band, is, as humans are wont to be, basically inept.
Though I must respect his position and favor amongst the gods. Though the old
man has lasted long in this brutal war, perhaps that is to be respected. The dwarf
bitch Ysaleorye is a most disgusting creature, and I take great pleasure each time
she is hurt. I have no use whatsoever for dwarves. Vranth, the felar, is an able
warrior, but must learn his place, his is a race of slaves, not to be on equal terms
with one such as myself. Silantario, the human, dares to call me kin. He thinks
that because we fight the same war, we are somehow brethren, he is sadly mistaken
and the ignorance of the human race once again shows itself in him. The others
are as I expect them to be, proud and courageous warriors, with brains fit only for
the least intelligent of drow children."

"Of my enemies I find the magi are most exceptionally easy targets, and I have
been little challenged by any who are not dark knights. Save one conjurer, angels
are a most disagreeable adversary. The fire giant