Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Premium Battlefield
Topic subjectDurrah's Role Chapter 1
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=31&topic_id=66822&mesg_id=66840
66840, Durrah's Role Chapter 1
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Role

Chapter 1

Chilled to the bone as time is skipped
Added Sun Nov 17 23:01:57 2019 at level 39:

...A mist seems to shimmer like a wave as darkness envelops.

"What's going on, where am I? Why... why is it so cold?" says a young shivering
dark-elven boy. "I can't even see, this darkness... I don't understand... The cold... IT HURTS SO MUCH!"
Shivering in a darkness even his eyes cannot pierce, enveloped by a freezing temperature so
cold, it feels as if his bones begin to ice over and become brittle. A venture into the
underdark, where he was warned to stay away from, he did not listen and found himself in
a situation that nearly left him frozen to death...

A voice, loving and cruel, echoed in his mind. "Come... the cold welcomes you into it's icy pits.."
The eerie voice, sounding as if it has no direction speaks "Embrace... my chilling mana child..."
As the voice wisp away in a chilling wind, his vision is gained again again, then he falls over gasping in pain
as the warmth is let back into his body, though the walls are covered in ice, he sees a reflection.
The reflection is of an older version of himself, as if he aged rapidly. Though something is different,
his hair, once black, is now white as snow, and his eyes, dull and brown, are like sheets of
clear, light-blue ice. Standing up he realizes that the reflection is him, and that in an instant
he has aged nearly a hundred years.

The lingering of this voice, maddening at times, as well as aging in an instant has made this
dark-elf unstable at best. "A change she wants, mana, magic... What does it even mean!? Why Me?"
A child, in a mans body, how much worse could it get? Managing back from the underdark to Teth-Azeleth,
his home of origin, nobody knew him, not even his parents. While an instant for him, a hundred years actually
had passed. So he left and moved to Arkham, though perhaps this wasn't the wisest of choices either.
The shadows that creep in the night, the screams, Arkham was in chaos, and the temple as well.
The cultist and their rituals. When this young man began his studies in invocation magic, he witnessed
An undead being, once named Provost, now named Chancellor. Ravaged the temple and took the
item that gave the cult it's power, and gave it to a dark god, who reawakened the Scion. Almost as if
witnessing this for himself was a sign. The voice grew stronger in his mind, "Change....mana....darknessss..." as it
falters into a whisper.

His weak childish mind, after a few some years, matured rapidly, but the unstable nature was still there.
After years of research, the voice that seems likely to fit is Aylosi, but doubt still lingers.
And this change... what about this change? Perhaps the eternal darkness that the Scions seek to bring, this
this is the change the voice seeks... though who knows, only his choices will tell...