Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectCF Mailing List / Newsletter
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=3007
3007, CF Mailing List / Newsletter
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For those who might be unaware, CF periodically sends our a newsletter and/or announces fun things via email.

To subscribe, fill out this form: http://eepurl.com/KLfh5

If you are subscribed, please make sure emails from newsletter@carrionfields.com aren't going to your spam folder.

And of course if you wish to unsubscribe you may do so using the link at the bottom of one of our emails.
3028, REQUEST: Please use Gameplay for shapeshifter questions. (nt)
nasd
3025, I just signed up for the newsletter. Where can I get the previous release? n/t
Posted by Doof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
3008, Quick question about shapeshifter forms:
Posted by Batman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are the new forms available to be who rolled before October 1st but rank into Tier 1 Forms during October, or are they only available for people who rolled October 1st and after?
3009, RE: Quick question about shapeshifter forms:
Most likely, they will only be available to characters who: 1) rolled during the month of October and 2) gain their tier 1 form(s) within the month of October. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

Because this is CF, one or more idiots are going to roll a hundred level 1 shapeshifters and park them in hopes of having these forms available for months and months to come, and one way or another I'll be thwarting that.
3010, Since you haven't made up your mind.
Posted by Batman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd like to suggest allowing it for people who rolled prior to October 1st.

This has no bearing on me, as I'm not doing shifters, but I know people will end up deleting their lowbie shifters just to save and reroll in October - which is going to add to the number of hundreds of level 1 shifters starting just then.

Thanks for the answer, I knew a handful of people who were wondering this.
3011, Question for Umi
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I got this email, and I think the shifter form thing is cool. You're really tempting me man.

A question though, are these new quest forms or restrung old forms. Like, are you adding for instance, yeti to the pool of chance? Or are you restringing an old form for Halloween like say, Zombie lion instead of lion.

Just curious, because I'm tempted as #### to roll a few shifters after my honeymoon.
3012, RE: Question for Umi
They're brand new forms. I modeled each one after an existing form of the same tier/foci, but all five forms are new and have a unique configuration of stats, skills, etc., and none are carbon copies of another form.

I will confess though that I'm not entirely done with them, so what exactly they'll have and do isn't set is stone yet. They are playable as-is, but the final product will depend a lot on how much time I'm able to spend on them in the coming days.
3013, If there was ever a time to roll up a midbie Battle PKer... (nt)
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
3027, Another question.
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are these immortal set or just added to the random set you can get? Can we roll the bones to try to get one if we didn't get one? Thanks for the fun work!
3021, Is there an increased chance to get the new forms?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, there are already 8 forms in every focus, right? Having a 1/9 chance to see a the new one seems rather sparse for something that's only avaliable during one month.
3022, RE: Is there an increased chance to get the new forms?
I wasn't planning on that, no.

Based on the number of shapeshifters that get rolled every month (and assuming a bump for October), the number of forms, that each shapeshifter gets two, etc., I guesstimate that we'll see them in action but by no means will everyone get one.

If somewhere along the line I observe that I'm wrong, I can always hack something together to fix it I suppose, but I'd rather not have Thera look like only five animals came out of the Ark because I weighted the dice.

3023, Yeah but it's only a month and everyone will go back to their bandwagon and auto for the most part after hero. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
3024, RE: Yeah but it's only a month and everyone will go back to their bandwagon and auto for the most part after hero. n/t
Posted by Intrigued on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given the small playerbase and the fact that even if people mass roll shifters about 90% will let them auto and not play them seriously... I think it would be fine to "weight the dice" just a little at least.

I'd love to see these in the world, and this is the kind of thing that would make me want to make a comeback CF character if I knew my odds at a little something different weren't so piss poor.
3026, RE: Quick question about shapeshifter forms:
Posted by A shifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would you be willing to extend that to ALL heroes who will get a tier 1 form in October? (but rolled in September)

Thanks