Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectServer Crash
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2975
2975, Server Crash
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Something somewhat terrible has happened. Working on recovering.
2976, support
It looks like recovery is outside of our hands. Waiting on our provider to reply to the support ticket that has been opened.

Our backups failed for the last few days, but we have a successful backup from the 8th, so worst case scenario (I hope) is that we lose a couple days work.
2977, provider response
There is a known issue that has hit several of us hosted with the provider and they anticipate resolution of the issue in 30 minutes. We'll see where we stand when the smoke clears.
2979, we're back
And it doesn't look like anything bad happened...!
2980, The Dark One's own luck!
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
2978, very important question
Posted by nobody on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If it's reset to days ago, how exactly does things that happened in the last 2 days come in to play if it's reset to when it never happened?

does that mean it never took place, since everything you gained in the time is now lost? If i make a enemy today and become hunted by empire, when we go back days, am i no longer hunted and what i did will not be used against me?

If im anathema today, when its backed up, and i still in the empire? will i be anathema again for something that never took place?

Serious question