Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectMini Role/IMM XP and Edge Revamp
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2963
2963, Mini Role/IMM XP and Edge Revamp
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The following changes related to experience, roles and edges have been made:

- Experience gained through role entries and updates will now be recorded in its own category, "Role XP", and thus no longer considered "IMM XP". (You will see this new category in "score exp".)
- Characters will receive edge points for their first 1,500 Role XP. They may continue to accumulate Role XP, but only the initial 1,500 count toward edges.
- Role XP will yield the same random skill gains that IMM XP does.
- The rate at which observation and exploration experience yield edge points has been halved. For example, instead of getting edge points per 1,500 observation XP, it will now be per 3,000. See HELP EDGEPOINT SPECIFICS.
- How Imm XP (which itself is untouched, other than no longer being tied to roles) interacts with edges has not changed at all. You still want to be rewarded for RP by the Immortals and get this.

That is what we've done so far. In addition, we will continue to brainstorm new and interesting ways of rewarding people for good RP and character development.

This post will be locked to keep the Announcements forum tidy but feel free to ask questions on Gameplay.

P.S. In case there is any confusion, these changes aren't the result of Santa Umiron.

P.P.S. I haven't had a chance to update relevant helpfiles tonight but I will do my best to address them tomorrow.
2964, Update.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've made an initial pass over all of the things that require Imm XP (emote in form, edges, etc.) and tweaked the numbers to be more in line with XP from roles being in its own category.

As as I said before, the only exception to this statement are quests that I did not write (which is all of them). That will be left to the respective area authors.