Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectRE: I have to respond...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2332&mesg_id=2371
2371, RE: I have to respond...
Posted by thendrell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have no idea how this works code-wise, and maybe the illusionary flag could have that part tied in (that resist mental works), but would making this mental resist affected necessitate making illusionary weapons mental damage to begin with? Which would utterly F*** over cloud giants? Your argument mandates that it should, and that would suck. Or do you want a way to always resist a mob's illusionary weapon damage now by just getting resist mental, and so make them easier, which defeats some of the positives vets said they like, that mobs are tougher and require maybe a touch more thought at times?

The change works, it's good for a lot of players. Nitpicky is basing an argument on the flag being called illusionary. It's a word. He could have picked anything else and would you still have this problem with it? I'd say probably not. Call them ethereal (soul- bound maybe), the creature's will enables it's possessions to exist when it can not have what it should, and without the creature being alive it fades away. There. It's real and not mental. Plus it's CF, a fantasy realm. Arguing for complete realism is a little silly.