Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectIt's Orcuary 5th!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2289
2289, It's Orcuary 5th!
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A few more changes to orcish berserkers:

1) Set Snares has been rewritten. Orcs can now lay snares in any outdoor terrain, although they are weaker outside of swamps, caves, and the orcish village. Wihin their preferred terrain, orcs can optionally include an object in the snare to enhance it-- a bladed weapon, a poison ingredient, or a trap ingredient. Effects are detail in the helpfile, and certain Adaptations play well with certain add-ins.

2) Footstomp has been added at level 13. It's a quick, light malediction that has situational use against both PCs and NPCs, particularly when lag/outmelee isn't an immediate option. Skruggas can eventually get some additional perks here.

3) Savage Feeding got taken down a quarter-peg when it first arrives at level 32. Within a few levels, it scales back to its original effectiveness.

4) Grit has been added at level 44. It is both an active and passive skill, and continues the progression of Fast Healing and Toughness. Shig-Ru orcs outperform the field here.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2294, Small bonus gift:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some orc skills that probably should have cared about Buoyancy but didn't now will.

I did say small!
2292, 3) Savage Feeding Q
Posted by sleepy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You said it was taken down a "quarter-peg." Does that reference the damage output, or the chance of it going off, or a combination of both?
2293, A little of both. (n/t)

2290, Am I reading the helpfile on grit right....
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because the way I read it, it will help avoid the bad stuff on a prep like poison or rot or whatever, but perhaps I'm not interpreting it correctly.

Tac
2291, RE: Grit
Review this new post first.

Grit modifies miscellaneous physical saves. Essentially, if Constitution matters, you'll save as if yours was higher.