Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectCorpseguard update
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2001
2001, Corpseguard update
Posted by Sebeok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Next crash/reboot - corpseguard has been substantially improved.
2019, Great changes and the thread above. Thanks Seb n/t
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdfa
2002, What has been done with it? Lowered the chance to grab the stuff? n/t
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
2003, Yes
I just updated the helpfile. Failing to take an item makes it harder to impossible to loot further. And if the killer leaves the room or begins fighting again, the killer doesn't stop guarding the corpse. If the killer is not in the room with the corpse or the killer is currently fighting, it won't be guarded.
2014, RE: Yes
Posted by Leaf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't mean to be picky, well I do I guess, but I think it might be difficult to guard a corpse while fighting someone. It would make sense to me that I, as a looter, would have an easier chance to successfully snag an item from a corpse while the killer is occupied with something other than stopping me from looting.

That said, I would also imagine the possibility of being struck by blows (hard to hit someone outside of pk though), or the inability to grab the exact item I want due to all the commotion.

Just thoughts I had. Thanks for the hard work on everything ya'll do.
2015, RE: Yes
I should've been more specific. Apologies for that. If the guarder of the corpse is fighting when you try to loot, yes you can loot the corpse. But if the fighting stops, the guarder still is guarding the corpse. Previous to this change, once the guarder of the corpse began fighting, he stopped guarding completely. Hope this clarifies it.
2020, RE: Yes
Posted by Leaf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you very much for the clarification. It does make a lot of sense worded this way. Good stuff.