Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectWould anyone actually use these?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=313&mesg_id=345
345, Would anyone actually use these?
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At least a small part of our design idea was to come up with items that wouldn't look too nerdly out in public. For example, you'd know that the Inn stein was a CF reference, but anyone who saw it on your shelf would probably just think it's a bar you've been to. "Be glad this isn't the Eastern Road" is funny to CFers, but most passersby would figure you're just referring to some other place. Deathfull hat? That's funny even if you don't know the CF-related story.

Around the right crowd, they tell a funny little story. Around the wrong crowd, they quietly camouflage.

A bumper sticker about return potions... well that's going to be on your car at all times, and it's pretty likely to get negative attention from the subset of the population in backward baseball caps and T-shirts that say "No Fat Chicks". Now, while I'm confident that my nerdly little hobby is infinitely more interesting than whatever NASCAR-based entertainment they have going on this weekend, I'm not sure I want to wave the nerdly flag in their face.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com