Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Took a quick stab at a warrior page draft. Enjoy.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=926&mesg_id=940
940, RE: Took a quick stab at a warrior page draft. Enjoy.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. This so isn't how a warrior writeup I'd do would come out, but this has great energy.

Some more specific comments:

>And warriors are the only ones
>taught to deliver up to a fourth attack every round of combat,
>with each weapon.

I think I'd phrase this more as "you get more attacks" and less on specifics.

>The thrill of combat rides high with the warrior, and never
>grows old, as CF warriors are as diverse as the players’
>imaginations:

I think the diversity/customization of the warrior class is a really important point to hit, but to some degree I feel like you get bogged down in the minutae of it. You present a dizzying array of choices (and, we have a dizzying array of choices, to be fair) but I think it would be hard for a genuine CF newbie to pick out of this that, for example, an arial whip/dagger with Balance and Whispers is going to play incredibly differently from a fire axe/mace with Trapping and Chilling.

Maybe it's also worth conveying in some way the wide variety of roles that a warrior can be, too. Dude who patrols the streets of Hamsah for the Sultan? Warrior. Crazed magic-hating berserker with an axe? Warrior. Depraved initiate of the Scarab cult who likes cutting people? Warrior. Champion of the common folk who takes on the evil and oppressive with two swords and a bucket of sass? Warrior. Etc.

I think it's also worth conveying in some way:

1) Not for all builds, but generally warrior wins or is well set up in the "what would happen if you both walked away from your keyboard?" race that is command denial.

2) Warrior, as far as I know, gets more HP/level than any class and is tied for most MV/level, all other things being equal.

3) Something about skills like drive and dash and parting blow that are warrior uniques. Not talking about those specifically necessarily, but like, think about what powerful abilities those can be to control a fight in ways other classes usually don't.

4) Gear dependence to a degree. Not that a warrior with moderate gear can't beat a warrior with good gear, but probably a warrior with no gear can't beat either of those guys. Similarly, most warriors are going to need to think about how they're going to get magic from outside their class to see invis, fly if they need to, etc.

More as I think of it.