Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: A few
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=730
730, RE: A few
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>These are more Nep Cabdru questions
>First off, do you know if EVERY silent tower quest has been
>solved?

Depends on how you want to define that.

For example, there's a quest that involves, in part, killing every archmage. I'm fairly positive no one has done that -- theoretically someone could've during the years I was gone and I would've missed it, but I assume that would have been the kind of thing that I'd hear about.

I can't think of any significant puzzle offhand that I haven't seen solved by someone, and usually about half a dozen someones.

>Second, Do you think it would have been possible for you to go
>and get the things you did out of hell without silent tower
>existing?
>Or even the otherway around?

I think so. I did all of the Silent Tower stuff last. (At some point you start asking yourself, I think I built a better mousetrap in the form of a bad-ass mage... let's take a crack at it and see if I really did.)

Going the other way around, and keeping it reasonably vague in terms of Hell items... the rings were nice to have for doing the Tower stuff, but not necessary. The mask wasn't helpful for anything I was doing. Having the axe (and more, having unholy blessed the axe), if you think about it for a minute, does a lot more harm than good -- at least if you don't want to have to kill the same mob repeatedly and hope you get lucky instead of just doing it once.