Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: My Questions!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=661
661, RE: My Questions!
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Does this mean we will never see Deep Ysigrath or the Ruins of
>Chreth-na?

Huh! I forgot I ever mentioned those publically. I'd still like to write both.

Actually, a rough plan for one of those has been started...

Probably, what will happen at some point is that Cryss and I will write one or both together. The parts of area writing that we each like and do well are pretty much mutually exclusive and, together, cover about everything that's necessary.

I think anyone who's spent time mucking about in my areas can tell that I like coming up with elaborate backstories and area concepts, unique (as in unlike other stuff in the game, not as in limit 1) and usually prog-based items, unique and usually prog-based mobs, traps, puzzles, area mechanics, etc.

It's probably equally obvious that descriptions are not my forte. There are an awful lot of cool items in the Tower with poor or no descriptions. I reuse a lot of room descriptions (sometimes intentionally, sometimes because I'm lazy, and sometimes I intentionally create situations where I should reuse room descriptions because I'm lazy.) Most of my mob descriptions are not very inspired, etc. I can write maybe 5-10 of each that I'm really proud of for an area, and then most of the rest is filler.

Thus, team up with someone who enjoys doing that part, do my thing, and hopefully come up with something pretty cool as a result. We'll see! I have a full enough plate of (non-area) projects on my plate right now, and Cryss has something like 5 different area projects/rewrites/revamps/etc. in various stages in the queue right now. Maybe when we both clear some time we'll take a crack at one of the above areas. No promises!