Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectAlright, I'll bite. Warning - Long.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=625
625, Alright, I'll bite. Warning - Long.
Posted by Shadowmaster on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"1) The whole Scarabaeus / Chris Warren thing. I don't claim to have 100% of the story, but there are definitely a few facts there that I'm aware of that I've never really heard in any of the various recountings of the tale."

As I understood this, Chris pretended to be a woman IRL who was struggling. He manipulated Scarab into quasi-cheating for him and then revealed the truth, much to Scarab's chagrin. If I recall Scarab then left the MUD, for a time. This was not my time on CF so I am speculating here. As an aside, I am a huge Scarab fan from my interactions with him, so no axe to grind :)

"2) Cabdru! There's a lot of stuff that people have said over the last month or two that hasn't made it up here yet. So, c'mon, let's have it out. You may or may not like or believe the answers I have to give you, but on the whole I'd still rather have it out."

Alright, here goes, then.

1. Did you practice weapons on a mob, or with another player? Or did you just set all your skills/spells pre-25 to 100% ;) I re-read all the logs you posted. The only time you lost concentration on a spell, period, was at level 25 fighting Adalanthal, and that was only sleep (Which you would have just gotten).
2. How many Silent Tower 'puzzles' did you complete with Cabdru that have never been completed before or since. Barring the obvious one of course.
3. Is the barrier wand you used at level 36 a wand that is typically highly used? Or uber-rare? How many of your wands period were of the "Found-only-by-obscure-area-explorer", rather then "consistently-in-lightmages-inventory".
4. How many badass mobs did you _really_ kill using the abomination prog?
5. Do you think you could have taken Zorszaul with Cabdru?
6. Did you actively seek pkills on players you knew as an imm had high charge value?
7. Did you ever find yourself remembering where a character hides from your immortal time, only to use it to find and kill said character when they ran from Cabdru?
8. Do you think you could do better then Cabdru?

Lastly, for you personally - Whats the single thing you are most ashamed of doing on CF, as an imm?

Now, on to more questions. A donation check is headed your way for all of this, btw ;) Any immortal response is welcome here.

1. What class do you feel is the strongest, pk wise, currently.
2. What class do you feel is the weakest, pk wise, currently.
3. What is in your opinion the most powerful cabal power?
4. What cabal do you feel is the strongest, in terms of powers, pk wise, currently.
5. What cabal do you feel is the weakest, in terms of powers, pk wise, currently.

Thanks again for this thread and any responses.