Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Alright alright..MY LAST ONE.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=607
607, RE: Alright alright..MY LAST ONE.
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I had fun with this...
>
>What brought this whole thread on anyhow? Did you guys like
>the rapport it brought or are you just appeasing the whiners?

The original idea was Sebeok's, back in May of this year. He was talking one night about the various code things he was fixing or working on, and lamented the fact that he couldn't post on our forums saying "Hey, this wasn't right so I fixed it" without a bunch of people taking it and speculating about which of his characters or friends characters it would supposedly be helping, something he didn't want to deal with.

He went on to comment that he'd really like to start a weekly discussion here of the form, "Tell me your conspiracy theory or story of how the imms have wronged you, and I'll honestly respond."

The idea stuck with me, and I brought it up a few more times now and again... eventually I asked Seb if he wanted to do it for real, and here we are.

To a degree it's an exercise in futility. People will still believe what they want to believe. In some cases, they now have a second accounting of what happened in a particular case to weigh against what they've been told.

But, you know? It's been fun revisiting some of these old memories. So far, I don't regret it.

>And Nepenthe you still owe me one shifter you played with me
>after your hint from 6 months ago. Sounds lame but I just am
>curious about your roleplay is all....
>
>One little morsel...

Suffer, bitch, suffer! :)