Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Honest question.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=602
602, RE: Honest question.
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>What exactly does a player do to make you not like them? What
>can they do to redeem themselves if you have at one time not
>liked them?

Basically, be a jackass. To redeem themselves, stop being a jackass. :) It's different things for different people.

Some people cheat perenially or in other similar ways force staff to waste time on each character in similar ways. For example, someone who always plays neutral characters that are basically evil, or someone who disregards the guidelines in 'help request' with each character and forces staff to do something about it with each character. Make a mistake, fine, people do that. Keep making the same mistake and you're wasting my ####ing time.

Some people are just generally OOC or forum-persona jackholes. That one psycho dude who claimed to be two teenage girls and tended to try to astroturf up support on the forums to get him made Dawn/Fort leaders goes in that category. So does a guy like Josiah, if you remember him. Some, as far as I can tell, are compulsive liars. The worst of these seem rational and good-natured 90% of the time, which makes the 10% of the time that I'm positive they know better and are lying out their ass all the worse, because I can understand how genuinely rational and good-natured people might buy it.

(This last is not to be confused with people like Graatch, Rogue, or Deathweaver, who have at times had the similar but much, much less obnoxious problem of seeming rational and good-natured most of the time on the forums, but occasionally just can't let some argument drop. Although I have had moments of wanting to hit each of them with my car, I bear them no real malice and generally consider them a net positive for the game. I mostly heart you guys.)

I probably could list on and on, but the more I'd do that the more it would seem like I hate most of the players, and that really isn't true. As aforementioned in the grandfather post to this, even some of the most frustrating for me make some great characters and in some way make CF a better place, even if in other ways they make it a worse one.
The small cadre of staff cheating doomsayers/gossips is also on my list. There's a bit in help pray extra about what you should do if you think someone on the staff is cheating, and though it was written about 12 years ago, it's still as true today. In short: if you think one of us is doing something dirty and what you want is the betterment of the game, inform the imps. If you think one of the imps is doing something dirty, inform the other imps. These are the ways to have it investigated and have something done about it if it's true. Gossiping about it is not a way to go about something constructive; it's only the best solution if what you want is really attention. Valg, for one, is not the kind of guy to let something slide if it's brought to his attention and genuinely bad and true.