Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectCOMPLETION AND SUMMARY
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=2893&mesg_id=2902
2902, COMPLETION AND SUMMARY
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The week-long event is over! I was crazy impressed with the sincerity and quality of a number of the gifts given, and that made this a lot of fun. I'll include a list of participants and their match-ups below, as I tracked them on excel, but I'm sure you'll be understanding as to why I blocked out the gifts and their descriptions. You can hang out with the people in game to find out :P.

As to what you see below, you'll find the giver, their target, and then the target's guess. Green means correct guess, orange/not-green means incorrect guess.

Some people did amazing gifts based on description, others on a history between characters, and others simply based on what seemed like a cool match up for their target. But all around, the gifts were pretty awesome, and I was impressed with the effort I saw people put into them.

Hopefully everyone had a fun time making history at the first CF-Secret-Santa (AKA Yuletide Secret Gift Exchange).

As to the event itself, I don't think I'll do it again. Or at least I won't do it as it is. Between some sparse logins, deletions, etc. it was definitely a strain given how much time I spent sitting around. If I do it again, I'd probably have something like "required check-ins" every day or two, at the risk of disqualification. But even then it's tough since this sort of event REQUIRES pairs. Still, lessons learned!

-Ish