Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectA note on the role contest...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=2770
2770, A note on the role contest...
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd like to share that those of you who have less *spotlight* character assignments are going to get special consideration for the July contest. I am spending extra time watching you and following your character development. Don't think that just because I haven't given you a big shiny star role, I'm not watching. I am, and will be particularly looking for quality role development in the coming weeks.
2772, What about those backup positions?
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sent an email and never heard back...
2774, RE: What about those backup positions?
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I've responded to a few individually but unfortunately, I have not been able to get around to writing backup roles, and I'm still chasing down a few of the original participants who have not played much. After writing up 27 character concepts and running half a dozen quests, I ended up burned out (and this week is a busy week for me IRL.)

However, there has been positive reception to the challenge and I'm already trying to think of ways to implement something of this nature in the future that is more ongoing that I can trickle in some investment in (like running a single questline and have call for entries for those that want to play new characters part of questlines, rather than trying to do a huge pile all at once.)
2775, It seems like something with less of a burn out factor is needed
Posted by highbutterfly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Somehow, maybe with anonymous handles in a subforum, people need to write their own skeleton concepts and be able to link up. If it's self organizing with your oversight acting as the "go" button, maybe it will require less time invested. That's actually what I thought the original role challenge was when I heard about it.