Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectMarch 2011 Role Contest: Spring Forward!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=2717
2717, March 2011 Role Contest: Spring Forward!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
RayBaer and I are running this one with a theme: only role entries about what happened to your character after entering play will be judged. I love convoluted backstories as much as the next person, but we wanted to do something a little different this time around.

I reserve the right to fold, spindle, mutilate, or penalize entrants whose roles does not include a chapter that fits this restriction.
2720, Winners and Some Commentary
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew that the theme I picked would be limiting, but I didn't guess how limiting. Probably only about half of the entrants had even one chapter that qualified.

Some of my half-dozen winners / honorable mention picks probably wouldn't have made my short list in a "normal" contest; but I will readily admit it's a lot harder to write good "later" role chapters than it is to write a captivating backstory. While in some ways the bar was lower this time around, each of my picks did really impress me in some way.

In no particular order:

Winners are Uhariz, Kyzraith, Ssii.

Honorable Mentions (getting only a very small prize, but retaining future eligibility) are Mexzi, Khaahd, and Brom.