Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectJust a thought from a player perspective
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=1824&mesg_id=2144
2144, Just a thought from a player perspective
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't mind if it works most of the time for the non-sleeks, so long as it is mentioned in the helpfile (more than just putting "THE VEIL" in the see other section).

But, when it comes to the sleeks, I really, really think it should fire no matter what. Why? I am just imagining running all over the map trying to find my wands and then passing by it when the damn thing DOESN'T fire, and I'd have no idea. Again, for non-sleeks I'm like "whatevah," but sleeks are basically a must. And this probably would be 10x worse for a new player who is trying to step out into magedom for the first time.

So to sum it up:

A) Increase the transparency in the DETECT ARTIFACT helpfile.

B) Make the detect of sleeks 100% if you encounter one with detect artifact effecting you.

P.S. When I suggest these things, the thing I am thinking about is "if CF had a completely new set of players, would they be able to figure these things out with the information available?" And I've said it before elsewhere, but I'll say it again: it seems like ABS-related stuff is half-in-game and half-ooc. Since they are a special case and really are a necessary part of the relevant class' repertoire, there shouldn't be any miscommunications or omissions in the related helpfiles.

That be all.