Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectSome feedback
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=1824&mesg_id=1941
1941, Some feedback
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
- Detect artifact scales 37 aura/42 shield/47 barrier

I'm for lowering that by 2 across the board, but I'm sure you have your reasons (i.e.; those who go explore the old fashioned way deserve to get them sooner).

- Add +1 Aura location edge
- Add +1 Shield location edge
- Add +1 Barrier location edge

Just to avoid constant questions about "why doesn't this show up on my edge list when I have 14-billion edge points," you may want to mention if it has an age requirement or something otherwise unintuitive. Just sayin'.

- Give shield to every pure mage class at 42 (Sorry A-P's, your still screwed) that can only be used once a day (12 hour duration, 24 hour timer). Using from a wand has no reuse timer.

I like the idea, but I'd not go about it the same way. You guys are all about diversifying the class abilities and whatnot, so how about making a unique, shield-like spell for each pure mage class that doesn't completely overlap their other dam redux abilities? Each could have unique tweaks, or provide synergy with other class abilities. The specific immunities/vulnerabilities could be made available by a series of mutually-exclusive edges.

Example of Shield-Like Effects:

Necromancer
25% damage reduction

Edge option 1
Immunity (or more resistance) to Defilement and Infernal Power
25% damage increase from Brilliant Radiance

Edge option 2
Immunity to Poison
25% damage increase from Wrath and Divine Power

(Sounds OP? I don't know...good in some situations, terrible in lots of others)

Even if the synergistic aspects don't come into play for a long time, I think you all might like to have it setup that way for when they do.