Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Tricky question this.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=1824&mesg_id=1906
1906, RE: Tricky question this.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

> I'm not asking for less locations, just make all locations
>possible to reach for all mage combos (at hero) all the time.

How/where do you draw this line?

First, in terms of player skill level. There isn't currently any barrier wand out there that I can't get solo at hero with any mage class that can get it. Conversely a relative newbie with some classes might not be able to get a wand on a level 40 mob at hero.

Second, in terms of preparation. If I'm a necromancer, do I need my full wack of zombies to get it? Do I need my full set of wands to get my wand? Do I need to bring other pills or cures? What if I'm a conjurer, do I need to wait for a strong archon (or whatever) to do it solo?

Third, in terms of specialization choices. What if I'm a double water shifter -- will you put every wand on water to make sure I can get it? What if I'm a four path invoker? Or arial conjurer?

The point I'm trying to make is that we tried to draw a line that puts all the barrier locations on a relatively even keel of difficulty, but drawing that line and accounting for all possible factors is a lot harder than you'd think.