Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectWhat I have so far
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=1537
1537, What I have so far
Posted by The_Poison_Pen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Check it out. Ignore the Melee Only bracket...Choose the Melee bracket.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=285548

-PP

As I am editing I put ** beside the brackets that are good. If it doesnt have a ** beside it don't click it.

For some silly reason you can't delete a bracket...so I ended up having to make bigger ones with empty spots so I can add more names and move people around.

Work in progress people, Work in progress!

1542, See you tonight
Posted by The_Poison_Pen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

We will do as much as we have the stamina for tonight...if we have to push the finals over to another night then so be it. I know 10pm is late..and people work tomorrow..but I honestly can't get to the computer any earlier.

Yes, we will try and do the double elimination just like the brackets indicate. Trying to make it more fair, and more like a real tournament.

-PP
1543, RE: See you tonight
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FYI in the melee bracket, the winner of Inger v. Izhulli gets two consecutive bye rounds after that. Basically the winner of that match automatically makes it into the championship match. Kinda wonky. I'm guessing when there are 10 contestants (i.e. 5 initial matches) you want to have 3 in one branch and 2 in the other, so it's at least semi-balanced. I've never organized a tournament before, though, so who knows.
1548, RE: See you tonight
Posted by Ruhktanshi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Have you given out the rewards for the Arena doubles/triples winners? Last I spoke neither Inger nor I had recieved any note or anything. Been weeks!

Ruhk
1538, RE: What I have so far
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is it actually going to be double elimination like the brackets indicate, or is that just the way you had to set it up?