Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectMarch Role Contest
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=1386
1386, March Role Contest
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alright, you asked for it, you wanted it, yearned for it, begged, bled, and cried for it. So, in honor of Texas Independence Day allow me to officially announce the opening of the March role contest.

As always a simple note to Enlilth with the subject "Role Contest Entry" is all that's needed to enter. Please keep those OOC so I don't get confused. I will be accepting entries into the March role contest today March 6, 2008 until next Wednesday March 12, 2008 noon system time. The cutoff for new role entries for the March contest will be Sunday March 9, 2008. I'm amazingly lazy, procrastinate a ton, and should be out of town the 14th through the 19th, so cut me a break on announcing the winners. I'm also fairly narcissistic so anything involving Enlilth directly will probably earn bonus points.

Good luck.
1396, Is there any way to get your feedbacks? ~
Posted by Ahtieli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
1394, RE: March Role Contest
Posted by Winners etc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Winner: Dkarfvoor - Role beautifully details the character. I gave it a wild cherry scratch and sniff.

Runner ups: (in no particular order)
Nerisa
Vehldriss
Mizfara
Vergat
Khrathtyn

honorable mention... Cavallen. While the role scored really really (really) low on my role contest matrix. It was very entertaining and very well written, and in the end just a good story. It even has Led Zepplin lyrics so props there.

It took a long time to read all the entries, but these were the ones that stuck out. I skipped past winners/runner ups, guys who deleted in the course of the contest, and anyone under level 20 at the time of reading. That's purely because I'd rather reward someone that's going to stick around a while. I also skipped a certain shaman since I'd read the role a hundred times, and didn't want accusations of man-crush should I declare him a winner or runner up.
1397, You suck. Just kidding. Hope you at least enjoyed the read :) NT
Posted by Vrtainen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, back to condying.
1398, RE: March Role Contest
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was official and stuff.
1400, RE: March Role Contest
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just curious will you give a critique to the losers? That was the most role I think I've ever written, and didn't even make the runners up. :(
1401, Damn.
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't had time to rank up since I was aware I'd have no attention being under 20 (My comp broke down), next role contest I guess!
1402, Hrm
Posted by Cavallen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I find myself wondering what your 'role contest matrix' is. I imagine it has to do with keeping you all up to date on the character, which my role certainly does not. Thanks for the comment though.

(As a "prize", how about some expediency on that bug I reported that is totally hosing my character's efforts? *sigh*)
1403, So what do we win? nt
Posted by Khrathtyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdf
1391, *sigh* nt
Posted by hrm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sighing
1390, It's getting hard not to con-die before you announce the winners...
Posted by A Player on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I still love Enlilth.
1389, RE: March Role Contest
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You've got 9 more days homie. If we're still waiting on San Jacinto day, then I'm going to have to go all Goliad on your ass.
1388, What's going on with this anyway? nt
Posted by waiting on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
1387, Damn you!
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Still love you though.