Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectarials inherent the ability to fly
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=116&mesg_id=195
195, arials inherent the ability to fly
Posted by Hutto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Develop an inherent ability. Specify what the name of the ability is.

It is called "fly."

Specify whether or not it is automatic, or has to be done via command.

It is not automatic. It has to be done via command.

Specify what the ability does, what affect it has.

Instead of arials flying 24/7, take their flying ability and turn it into an inherent. By default, they walk around like everyone else. If they want to be in flying mode, they use the command and at that moment they're flying with a small cost to their mana and moves. They must be standing to fly, and it can be done during combat. They remain flying until the person runs out of moves, or turns it off (via command). If they are forciably made to sit, rest, or sleep, they stop flying. They must stop flying to sit, rest, or sleep.

While flying, whether actually going anywhere or just staying in the same room, their moves will slowly drain. However, movement costs to go from one room to the next will be reduced significantly.

This makes flying for arials somewhat more realistic, and adds an element of strategy for both playing an arial (I can't stand out in the open flying forever without roosting) and for fighting an arial (I caught him sleeping, now I can trip him when he wakes up). It also differeniates between a fly skill and a fly spell, both with unique strengths and weaknesses.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak