Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectAcute Vision detect invis expected to work in this condition
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=23111
23111, Acute Vision detect invis expected to work in this condition
Posted by Animist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Subject: Acute Vision detect invis affect not appearing to work in this condition -

Expected: Item affect is (invis) and while I'm in the wilds, expect to be able to see the item by use of acute vision alone as an animist.

Actual: If I only have acute vision up, then I won't see the item(s) in my inventory that have (invis) flag - I have to use a detect invisible prep instead.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Grab an (invis) flagged item and be in any wilderness area.
2) Under affect of acute vision, check inventory for item.
3) Use detect invis prep and check inventory second time to compare.

Repro Rate: 5/5
23128, By design.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't see any code that suggests there was ever any intention that things would work this way for objects (the way it does for characters).

Thanks for the nice succinct report though.
23129, Acute vision detects invis pcs?
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it is supposed to work that way?! I always thought it was a bug. And probably related to the other 10+ years old acute vision bug that never got unqueued (that I remember), i.e. the way you can scan and see hidden (or even invis) npcs in the wilderness, but when you move into that room you no longer see the hidden npc (for pcs I think it worked as expected, because I can't recall any problems seeing hiding pc assassins).