Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectCloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=12654
12654, Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FNCR.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
12655, RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also goes for (all?) other situations that stop teleportation, such as deny summoning.

I'm positive this used to work right, but a small error introduced at some point neutered the whole check.
12669, RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What's the new (fixed) behavior?
12673, RE: Cloak of Displacement vs. Insect Swarm
Essentially, that these things can block the cloak from functioning... which is also an old behavior.

Somewhere along the way, that 'if' statement lost the line of code that goes after it. This game sure could use an elaborate suite of regression tests. :)
12670, Was the chance it progs nerfed as well? nt
Posted by CraftedD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
12672, Hasn't changed. (n/t)
12676, So uhm yeah after much experimentation I have to say..
Posted by Llorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sir are wrong, this fix completely changed the frequency of the cloak working. Basically the way it was, it worked anytime you fell below certain % of hps. It does not quite work that way any more, is this how the item was originally designed to work?
12677, RE: So uhm yeah after much experimentation I have to say..
You're right, that missing line of code also boned up the frequency check. Also something that'd been there a long time but became non-functional at some point.

It'll fire a lot when you drop below a certain amount of hp, but not every time.
12682, So I'd have to say...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That this must be a fairly recent change, because when I had it as Hunsobo, insects stopped it from firing every time, and there were quite a few times that I died when it could have transported me but didn't.

Just for the sake of timelines.
12683, RE: So I'd have to say...
Looks like it happened when the list was updated to include sequester in March, if you're curious. I was confused because I'd seen the same thing happen to you and others in the past.