Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: My view
Given that most FAQs are for relative newbies, the fact that a mechanic may be different than advertised doesn't make the FAQ pointless. I usually preface all my FAQs with something along the lines of "I may not be the best, but here's my advice and help from someone who has played the class a lot or a long time".

Sure, some veteran or immortal can point out "yeah, you're wrong here" but they don't really need the FAQ in the first place. A newbie may find out something different through their own experience but that's for them to figure out.

Another tidbit, the FAQ is on a wiki - they can edit it with a tag like . There's a reason that most video games have a wiki nowadays.....

In my opinion it shouldn't just be a few FAQs, it should be an official wiki with the mods being in charge of it. It'd make things like History/Leader list and such a whole lot easier to maintain - it wouldn't take much to move the other wiki over either. Some people have gone to great lengths to make some seriously nice maps as well - why they aren't officially supported is beyond understanding.

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message