Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: New system suggestion
(Sorry mods, i thought it'd be easier to respond to my original post. Please delete my 2nd post as this replaces it)

Additional changes:
This system is balanced by introducing the following changes:
- Some warrior classes and orcs are given abilities with low chances of success to remove mage protections. These can be 2-3 round abilities based on spec. Warriors now have to choose to go for pure damage/lag (current), remove the spell by using the associated removal technique, or risk total shield removal. Example: 'Sunder', a new axe spec skill, has a 3 round lag time and a 33% chance to remove a major dam redux spell
- Deathblow is changed to no longer provide increased damage, but a chance to remove the major dam redux spell
- Scouts are given a skill that removes the mid-tier dam redux spell
- Anti-paladins have two options here. Give them dodge, or give a version of the low-tier spell (level 30) and a reworked version of the mid-tier spell. The mid-tier spell comes at 36, is incompatible with bloodlust, and gives an anti-paladin the 'soulreaper' effect, which has a 10% chance per melee hit of stealing any self-cast dam redux their opponent is using
- Mob AI must be enhanced to be able to get rid of this automatic dam redux. Per Valg, since mobs don't track there needs to be a counter-measure for fleeing, waiting, recasting. Likely a formidable time investment, maybe another solution can be to give a percentage chance of a non-PC summoned/controlled mob to ignore the dam redux

Pros:
- Mage classes are made more competitive at lower levels and can stand toe to toe with more physical-reliance classes. A 20 warrior that just specialized will find a 20 mage that has dam redux more formidable.
- Solo, group, and raid combat is made far more reactionary, strategic, and interesting for both the mage and the opponent
- RBW's have a chance against full dam reduxed mages. No dam redux mages have a chance against RBW's. None-mages have a chance against RBW's
- Mages are finally given a similar level of risk vs. reward as physical classes. By this, I mean that a mage's dam redux is no longer guaranteed, just as a warrior's skills are never guaranteed to succeed
- No need to have down-time between fights restocking dam redux
- Mages now offer a new level of playstyle. No more investing hours into wands while pk excitement suffers due to lack of challenge
- Mages will die more. Top tier gear will circulate more. Everyone deserves to wear the mask of Anadau. Death to the mage is offset by the lack of wand re-gear time
- New edges for each class can be put in to provide additional strategic advantages to play with this system (sorry Zulg, this level of work is probably a con for you)

Cons:
- This is a drastic change, and as such not everyone will like it. Massive flaming will ensue, Zulg will go on hiatus, Valg will ban someone, and Daevryn will insult the haters. This is a con I am comfortable with ;-)

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message