Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: Tricky question this.

> I'm not asking for less locations, just make all locations
>possible to reach for all mage combos (at hero) all the time.

How/where do you draw this line?

First, in terms of player skill level. There isn't currently any barrier wand out there that I can't get solo at hero with any mage class that can get it. Conversely a relative newbie with some classes might not be able to get a wand on a level 40 mob at hero.

Second, in terms of preparation. If I'm a necromancer, do I need my full wack of zombies to get it? Do I need my full set of wands to get my wand? Do I need to bring other pills or cures? What if I'm a conjurer, do I need to wait for a strong archon (or whatever) to do it solo?

Third, in terms of specialization choices. What if I'm a double water shifter -- will you put every wand on water to make sure I can get it? What if I'm a four path invoker? Or arial conjurer?

The point I'm trying to make is that we tried to draw a line that puts all the barrier locations on a relatively even keel of difficulty, but drawing that line and accounting for all possible factors is a lot harder than you'd think.

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message