Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: Hints
A few people have suggested, through various media.

I think it was Lightmage, on Mavent's thread:

The Archmage of the Tower tells you "A young dragon, known to study the mana's weave of protection has been seeking to establish a lair east of Galadon."

The problem "we" would run into is the general difference between player's ability to solve certain hints. This example I gave is pretty easy, since you just have to go find a dragon, which are very unique and memorable mobs.

Perhaps it could work in conjunction with improved consider, and such, so that you could know that a transmuter, for example, either directly holds, or holds the key to your barrier wand. Or a demon. Or a sahuagin basket-weaver.

Perhaps the right level of concrete details plus vagueness could help give players a solid, honest lead that gives them hope and direction, but keep the locations from being too spoonfed and widely-known. Obviously, I don't know how many wand spots there are now, so I can't say how many of these hints would have to be generated and looked at, or how difficult it would be to judge what is a "good" hint, and what's a "bad" one.

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message